Forums Latest Members

SOLD Tissot chronograph, 50ies, ref 174, cal 27CH-41H

1. marturx Jan 24, 2016

You can´t keep them all, so SOLD here is my Tissot chrono.

It´s in excellent vintage condition. Unpolished case. The watch has one flaw, and one flaw only; the dial has a scratch in the edge between 12 o´clock and half past one. That´s it. Otherwise a really great specimen.

The watch is fully working in all aspects. The timekeeping is good, also with the chrono going. The chronograph functions works as they shall.

It measures 35 mm excl the crowns.

This watch was presented to its first owner because of a heroic (and probably life saving) effort in the North sea the day before Christmas in 1960. Röda Bolaget is a company that operated tug boats on the west and south coast of Sweden.

I think that it´s one of a kind. Just look at the alpha hands and the steel blue chrono sec hand. It´s so many attractive details on it. As you may well know, Lemania produced these for Omega, Lemania and Tissot in the 50ies. So the ref 174 can be branded by all three of them.

But this one is a Tissot, so therefore I´m asking the modest sum of USD 1.450 shipped, registered mail with the Swedish post. I should prefer a wire-payment if that´s not to much to ask for, and I hope not. I have plenty of references, so rest assure that you will get what you pay for.

Tissot CH27-41H.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, front.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, liggande.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, höger.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, vänster.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, front2.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, bak.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, lock.jpg

Tissot CH27-41H, verk.jpg

Edited Feb 6, 2016
  2. ConElPueblo Jan 24, 2016

I'm still waiting for my own to arrive from Switzerland - hopefully it'll be here tomorrow. Had this been for sale at the time I found that one, I probably would have bought this instead! Gorgeous watch, good luck with the sale!

(@Hijak ; was this something for you..?

marturx likes this.
  3. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 24, 2016

Lovely looking chrono. With the current prices seen on other "cal 321" based watches the price request of this one makes it a truly great buy!
    GLWS. It should not last long!
    :thumbsup:

marturx likes this.
  4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jan 24, 2016

Isn't it amazing the difference a name can make? If this had "Omega" stamped on the dial.... that would be all it took to make this the bargain of the year on Omegaforums.

Silly...

Great watch! GLWS!

Northernman likes this.
  5. Ludi Jan 24, 2016

That is lovely ::love::

6. marturx Jan 26, 2016

Bump and reduced to USD 1450 shipped!

7. LawBrk Jan 26, 2016

This is probably as close as I (or others) may get to a "2998" with alpha and leaf hands. Wish I wasn't in sale mode, GLWS.

8. marturx Jan 28, 2016

And now OHPF to a German Gentleman on the Forum!

ConElPueblo, oddboy and Northernman like this.
  9. marturx Feb 6, 2016

Sold on the Forum! Many thanks OF, its Mods (officer D in particular :)) and the buyer of course!

Northernman likes this.