Forums Latest Members
  1. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

Hey guys,

Fell in love with this watch at a local store, need some tips before I commit into this relationship. :eek:

I walked into a classified local store in my town that sells vintage watches (seems legit and trust worthy to me as they run local auctions and are appraisers. Also got my watch repaired in the store last week and had a good experience) . I was browsing their selection and stumbled upon this gorgeous (to me at least) 1962 Omega Seamaster 30 Ref. 135 003. I put the watch on for fun and it felt right to have it on my wrist. It just made sense to me.

I had less watch knowledge then vs what I learned now from browsing the internet for the past few hours looking up the watch. I tried other vintage Omegas around different stores and they didn’t feel anything like this one. (Maybe a bias)

Pros are: I genuinely like the watch and would love to wear it as I walk this earth

Cons: doesn’t come with its original box. no authentication papers. From research I’ve done, maybe it’s redialled? The strap isn’t the authentic strap.

I really do wanna own the watch, but I wanna know if it’s worth it’s price which is steep for me at $1246 USD. I am willing to buy the watch, but is it worth at that range? Or should I attempt to bargain?

Thanks for taking the time to whoever’s reading this!! I’d appreciate the input as I do want to check it out again tomorrow morning with this new knowledge I’ve gained via internet lol.

watch 2.jpg watch.jpg
    Edited Jul 26, 2022
  2. jaegodylan Jul 26, 2022

Hard to say without any photos.

omegabrad69 likes this.
  3. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

I had an error when uploading the photo, so i just edited it here on my laptop, sorry about that!

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 26, 2022

Redial. The value is up to you.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 26, 2022

You'll be banned if you do that again.

;)

To answer you most important questions.

I think it's bee re-dialled (from the pics provided)
    The price seems to be astronomical.

omegabrad69 likes this.
  6. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

Fair, what price would you say would be fair without being disrespectful with both sides being satisfied?

DaveK likes this.
  7. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

:O first day here, hoping to stay here if all goes well! :cool:

8. Davidt Jul 26, 2022

Definitely redialed.
    Box, papers aren’t a cause for concern with a vintage watch. It’s a bonus if they’re present but it’s unusual.
    Same with the strap.

Personally it’s a hard pass from me. Much more original watches can be found at a lower price. If you’re going to pay dealer premium, at least do it for a good original example.

nicks and watchyouwant like this.
  9. jaegodylan Jul 26, 2022

It is redialled. The 30 tells the story.. so for that price it is a bit high.

Now that you know you like that reference have a look at eBay or set up an alert on WatchRecon and find a better example.

omegabrad69 and watchyouwant like this.
  10. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

Not worth is at all hey? Even if I could potentially knock it down? I fell inlove w the wrong watch example :unsure:

Havent really checked eBay or WatchRecon, I guess there really could be more fish in the sea. Onto the rabbit hole I go!

11. jaegodylan Jul 26, 2022

The price is nearly twice what it should be and the redial hurts the value already. You will find another!

watchyouwant and omegabrad69 like this.
  12. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

I appreciate the feedback, thank you for your time! will update here incase I find something great!

watchyouwant likes this.
  13. gbesq Jul 26, 2022

The best place to find an authentic vintage Omega at a fair price is right here on OF in the private watch sales forum. Keep your eye on the listings. It won't be long before something pops up that will catch your eye.

14. BarbVl Jul 26, 2022

As an advice for buying vintage Omega watches check after the reference number if the hands are match with the watch. Just telling that because i burned myself several times..:)

omegabrad69 likes this.
  15. Bourne1984 Jul 26, 2022

Horrible redial. Get something of the sales here in the OF for a much better price and which you can trust. Be patient, narrow your search and ask questions. I’ve been saved more times than I care to mention by asking on here. I’ve also bought one of the nicest watches I’ve ever owned from a very well respected member of the OF

mydeafcat, omegabrad69 and RevZMan123 like this.
  16. mydeafcat Jul 26, 2022

Agreeing with all comments. Nothing about this watch makes it desirable. My first vintage watch, bought here 5 years ago, is a linen-dial, Seamaster 30 from 1963. Some patina and hands are a wee bit pitted, yet an honest example. Compare your dial with this.

3F13DB68-F13C-4028-BDB7-EDA129B65719.jpeg

Spruce and omegabrad69 like this.
  17. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

Perfect, I’m on it!! Thanks for all the advice man

18. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

Amazing!! Care to post it? Haha love these vintage watches, I actually went and tried on a De Ville at a high end watch store after, but I actually liked how the vintage one fits and feels!

19. omegabrad69 Jul 26, 2022

Beautiful watch man! Glad to see it’s still mint after all these years, thanks for the share.

mydeafcat likes this.