Forums Latest Members

tiny crown for SM300 GMT models correct?

1. dinexus Jun 9, 2018

Just scored a Seamaster 300 'Bond' GMT this past week (on an aside, how has Omega not produced this in a Master Co-ax yet??), and while I love it, I kinda hate how the crown guards tuck it so far into the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've noticed this appears to be how the 50th Anniversary GMT models are, so perhaps it's a symptom of this era of case design & the GMT movement (as it's not a design element of the standard 3-hand SMPO models), but I noticed that Omega's original stock photo of this watch shows a lot more crown (which I think looks a lot better):
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know if 'more crown' is a newer or older version of this reference, and if newer, would a factory service replace the seals, crown or crown stem and bring it up to code, per se?

EDIT:

I've also noticed that the bezel pip sits flush into the bezel and isn't raised like the stock photo above – seems like the pips that are flush appear to be of an older manufacture date. According to the papers that came with the watch, it was purchased in 2010, leading me to believe that perhaps both the crown and the bezel were running changes on later models... Can anyone confirm?

Edited Jun 9, 2018