Forums Latest Members
  1. OhMegaMan Dec 27, 2016

To those of you looking for Omega Speedmaster Tintin, head to Japan as they seem to have one in every store. Btw, they are displaying Omega & Rolex watches grocery store style without the fancy glitzy OB or AD are trying to emulate. All the watches of every models are displayed along electronics & stuff, which kind of killed the notion of exclusivity. While exploring, those expensive watches all of sudden feel like an everyday item next to electric toothbrush and cheap headphones. The price for tintin was quite reasonable. They even have rolex ceramic black & white dial displayed, but price is too high. Tintin is very common in this part of the world.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Dec 27, 2016
  2. ATWG Dec 27, 2016

The Daytona ceramic is not a great deal, close to $17k.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 27, 2016

Prices seem odd. Speedy Yemen missing the correct strap for 2,700 the same price as the Tintin.. Plat Daytona is 54k that is solid into used prices.

STANDY likes this.
  4. orenbvip Dec 27, 2016

was all over tokyo looking for a 3570.40 (racing dial) and nothing they all laughed at me. ended up finding one in Miami right when I got back

5. OhMegaMan Dec 27, 2016

This is a big box store with 7fl worth of electronics, with one floor dedicated to watches of all kinds. The way they sell these watches, reminded me of Costco.

Riviera Paradise and Rtboy10 like this.
  6. b-16707 Dec 27, 2016

Wheres this store at? A touristy area?

This may be a sidenote but can someone fill me in on japan and speedmasters? Seems like they get or have gotten in the past exclusive japanese releases.

7. OhMegaMan Dec 28, 2016

Check out Yodobashi & Bic Camera in around tokyo area such as ginza, shibuya, shinjuku all carry tintin and watches u see above.

Edit: just remembered, out of curiosity, since they have just about everything Omega, i asked if they carry the silver snoopy. The answer was a polite no. Im sure they laughed inside.

Edited Dec 28, 2016
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 28, 2016

Japan is a huge watch market. Omega is also huge there. So yes there have been a few for Japan. Italy and Germany have also had limited edition speedmasters. The Italian one with the silvered dial omg.

9. Riviera Paradise Dec 28, 2016

Wow seeing the watches like this would make me worry about their authenticity...I suppose this is not an issue Japan for modern watches, right @OhMegaMan ?

10. b-16707 Dec 28, 2016

oh man i just looked at some of the italy ones, silver dial and the other one with white face gray hands. *drool. Dang it even the 3593.20 looks great.

11. shoota70 Dec 28, 2016

Tin Tin is common everywhere.

12. tyrantlizardrex Dec 28, 2016

Not exactly common... just slow to sell.

You can no longer order a new one from Omega... just what's left in circulation.

Which in the case of the London UK OBs has been the same 5 watches all year... slooooooow.

13. OhMegaMan Dec 28, 2016

I wouldnt doubt the authenticity since it is offered by large retail chains, and it is in japan where the honor system seems to work better than elsewhere. Plus lm pretty sure they have all the paperworks. But seeing how the watches are displayed so casually, it does cheapen the brand image somewhat.

Not in the pics are panerai & iwc & brietling n some other brands. It is incredible how they pooled all these in one floor specifically dedicated to watches.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 28, 2016

Personally I'm always floored when I see a platinum daytona just sitting in a case like it's just like a regular watch.

15. ATWG Dec 28, 2016

I personally like it more on a wrist...

IMG_3872.JPG
  16. munichblue Dec 29, 2016

Displaying watches like this is embarrassing! I'm surprised Rolex and Omega let this pass.

CaptDngr likes this.
  17. Perseus Jan 3, 2017

That's nuts! Thanks for sharing the pics.

OhMegaMan likes this.
  18. korenje Jan 3, 2017

AD in my country in the center of the capital city takes out all watches from the exhibition glass every day and puts them into tresor. Even the shop uses 10cm thick bulletproof doors and you have to ring the bell before they let you in.
    This in japan just calls for someone to jump in and starts taking.

19. OhMegaMan Jan 3, 2017

Maybe crime there is so low or nonexistent, that the store is comfortable bunching up all the watches under thin glass. There was barely any attendant present as well. Kudos to the Japanese.

20. Bunsen Mar 29, 2017

Thanks for the sharing! You saved me from spending list price on a Tintin from local AD

When I was in Japan Nagoya last week, I kind of visited all the OBs there as well as the BIC Camera store, didn't see any Tintin. Probably they were all in big cities like Osaka or Tokyo.

OBs are as formally elegant and polite (if not more) as else where in the world. The BIC Camera chain store is more like an AD concentrating on runway or discontinued models. They will give 10-20% discount (sometimes more) as compare to suggested selling price.

I noticed Omega watches are more readily available there with good prices. While Rolex has a very high demand and prices may be higher than those in Europe.

Edited Mar 29, 2017
    OhMegaMan likes this.