Timex Makes a Bold Move Up Market

I own the GG S1 … Obvious nods to Genta and Ming but I think is lovely. Right size too with Swiss movement and assembly. Almost a grand. Very frisky for Timex but I think it will sell. Thoughts?
Edited:

It will go well. Timex has lost the name association it once had.

Bold but... It’s always harder for entry level to go up than it is luxury to go down.

There’s actually quite a bit available for <$1000 already and Timex doesn’t really need this, does it? I’d prefer to see some more of their great retro editions reimagined further at under $500.

I would take a look simply to see if it’s a $3k watch at a $1k price or a $250 watch at a $1k price.

A lot of people like that name. All that advertising must be worth something.

I was in a 7/11 and there were some plastic bling watches on the counter in bright colors. Was almost tempted to take a closer look.

I recently got some Timex Snoopy watches and a Lucy, still holding out for Linus.

Snoopy went up market so why not Timex?

I dont dig Timex's bland dial, but that case is awesome. Its awesome because it came straight from the $30k AP CODE.

I loved the Giorgio Galli S1. Those flying buttress lugs are so sweet. This S2 is a very evolved move from that, and like you said a big upmarket move in terms of price. I definitely like the S2 a lot, but I wouldn't say that I would necessarily be cross shopping one vs. the other.

Bold but... It’s always harder for entry level to go up than it is luxury to go down.

There’s actually quite a bit available for <$1000 already and Timex doesn’t really need this, does it? I’d prefer to see some more of their great retro editions reimagined further at under $500.

I would take a look simply to see if it’s a $3k watch at a $1k price or a $250 watch at a $1k price.
Completely agree they don’t need this. Their sub $500 offerings have been red hot. I think they feel they are leaving money on the table, vs the micro brands, by not pushing past their traditional market. I’m waiting for my Baltic Tri Compax so, while tempted and the owner of two Polerouters, I’m gonna hold on this one.

Completely agree they don’t need this. Their sub $500 offerings have been red hot. I think they feel they are leaving money on the table, vs the micro brands, by not pushing past their traditional market. I’m waiting for my Baltic Tri Compax so, while tempted and the owner of two Polerouters, I’m gonna hold on this one.

Baltic are a superb brand. Lots of history for the cost of entry.