Forums Latest Members
  1. Watcho Jul 22, 2014

curiosity. when it comes to buying more expensive watches New from AD's, if your buying from the 1000-4000 range should you be looking for what is mechanically better? in house? or is everything in that price range the same thing just different look, and therefore would be better to just buy a 1000 dollar watch?

2. Rangerchrono Jul 23, 2014

im guessing that you mean to ask since its gonna be an ETA anyways, than whats the diff? i agree, there all the same just modified designs, probably go with something cheapest that makes you look like you know about watches lol. thats what i did, i got an oris ;)

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 24, 2014

There are some remarkably good (relatively) inexpensive in-house movements as long as you don't want/need a major brand name.

The Nomos ones are absolutely beautiful and I was lining myself up for one until I saw that Christopher Ward have produced their own movement and it will be available in mid August, on a strap and mid September, on a bracelet. I think I will wait until I have seen one in the flesh because it is supposed to be quite a thick watch.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/dress/c9-5day-automatic.html

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 24, 2014

With that thread title, I thought this was going to be one of those Jack Handey things

5. ulackfocus Jul 24, 2014

Buy what makes you happy and screw what other people think.

..... except us. Our opinions are important. :p

Lots of people wouldn't think I'd own a Breitling yet my Chrono Cockpit is the longest tenured modern watch in my box at over 6 years. It's just a Valjoux 7750, the most prolific automatic chronograph caliber on Earth.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 24, 2014

No, Dennis, lots of people wouldn't think you'd own a Breitling with a mother of pearl dial. I'm still coming to terms with it.

7. Watcho Jul 24, 2014

i agree, at this price point just get what you like.