Timegrapher Measurements..??

Goodevening,
I am considering purchasing (online) a beautiful 1966 Omega Seamster 600 with an 601 movement. The seller cannot provide any service history, but forwarded the following measurements , apparently performed by his watchmaker.
  • Beat number: 19800 A/h
  • Lift Angle: 52 degrees
  • Meas.Time: 2s
  • Rate: 14,3 s/d
  • Amplitude 267 degrees
  • Beat error 0,2 sec
As I only have a rudimentary understanding of mechanical watches, I lack the knowledge to judge these measurements.
Would these measurements be concerning to you?

Thank you in advance!
Aristo

Ironically, the lift angle, which is a setting not a reading, is wrong. So the amplitude reading will be incorrect. Anyway, nothing is jumping out at me as an obvious problem, but if the watch hasn't been serviced in a long time, it may still need a service in the near future, regardless of the readings.

More importantly, you should post photos of the watch and provide any additional information that is available, including the asking price.

And maybe take the time to introduce yourself to the community.

Like 3
Considering the incorrect lift angle used, the actual amplitude is about 251 deg (267*49/52), which may not be bad for a vintage movement. The 2s measurement time is another problem. I don't think 2 seconds is adequate to measure anything. Or maybe he meant 20 sec?

Like 2
Thanks you for your help Dan, appreciate it!

I have always been attracted to mechanical watches, especially divers. I have several Seiko’s & a few russian Vostoks Amphibia’s. I especially appreciate the vintage look, see att picture, and their story:
At my 10yr anniversary, my employer surprised me with a blue dial Frederique Constant dress watch. Something completely different, from my other watches. This got me interested in dress watches in general, and specifically in vintage Omega’s. Approaching 50, I first looked into model from the 70s, but I kept coming back to the 60s… The Seamaster 600 I am currently considering has a beautiful Sunburst dial and is priced upward of 900€. At this price point, I have seen other Seamasters, but mostly offered by dealers /watchmakers with some kind of warranty or service history. This Seamaster however has none, nor is there any refund option as it is sold by a private seller. As a refence, I have attached a picture of the movement and watch back.

Would be interested to hear your opinion.

Meanwhile, the last hour or so, I have been browsing this forum; great info!

Rgds!

Aristo

Do you have pictures of the dial/front?
Price seems steep.

Unless there's something special about it we can't see, this is an entry-level model and 900 Euro is quite a high price for an unserviced watch from a private seller.

If you have seen similar watches at the same price point from dealers with a service history and warranty, why not buy one of those?

Like 2