Time 4A Pint Movember Summer Raffle - Prizes shipped, £5345 raised.

It’s a definitely a good cause. I’ve never had a g shock and I’m feeling’ lucky.

Like 1
I have the ticket for the G shock, so you had better pick one of the others.:)

Like 4
Sooo… I see you attempted to delete every thread you created, with this one containing all the information about the raffle and charity. What’s happening to all of us members who donated? Are you going to follow through or just bounce never to be seen again? Trying to remove all traces of yourself from the forum isn’t very reassuring. I get that you received feedback you didn’t appreciate, but is this really the way to behave?
Hey, we all go through a life changing event, until you know the full picture give the guy a bit of room.

Like 8
Hey, we all go through a life changing event, until you know the full picture give the guy a bit of room.
I think a little breathing room for everyone involved is a good idea. In Scarecrows defense this thread was just a period for a title and the first post edited out so I think there was at least a little room for concern around the future of the thread (I don’t personally think there was any concern for the raffle itself).

Back to the actual raffle (thanks whoever pinned it, I think that was a great idea to get a few more eyes on it) I’m a little torn on that Marvin now, my father in law has a Marvin from his father that i need to have fixed for him, I kinda like the idea of having a Marvin too…. Maybe I need to buy some more tickets so I can just win all the prizes!

Before anyone else suggests that by not being on the forum, I've taken their money and vanished, I have paid another £300 into Movember this afternoon. Taking the total donation submitted to £1850.

You can check it out here: https://uk.movember.com/mospace/1743822

Once the other funds clear through my bank (so I can pay it into Movember), the total donation sum (as of today) will be £2,135.

A reminder that you bought a ticket on a website that I own and run - I still own and run it, your ticket is still valid, the raffle is still going ahead, whether I post here or not is irrelevant.

I have run two of these in the past, the total raised was £22,990, they also involved buying a ticket from a website I own and run, and at no point did I run off with the money or the prizes.

So. There you go.

Have a good afternoon.

Like 6
I absolutely agree with you on this. However, as @perks713 pointed out above, the OP deleted everything in the first post of this thread and replaced the title with a "." the same way he self deleted most of his other threads.
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.50.09 AM.png
I donated to this fund like other members have. It was unfortunate to see the OP's other fund related thread devolve the way it did and to see the OP deliberately use aggressive language in a successful attempt to get that thread deleted by a mod. For a project the OP promoted on the forum, seeing him personally remove majority of his presence, including this thread (which he reinstated after my above comment), it was fair to ask what the plans were. Now that I have clarified why my above comment exists, I am gong to let it be.

Like 4
I absolutely agree with you on this. However, as @perks713 pointed out above, the OP deleted everything in the first post of this thread and replaced the title with a "." the same way he self deleted most of his other threads.
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.50.09 AM.png
I donated to this fund like other members have. It was unfortunate to see the OP's other fund related thread devolve the way it did and to see the OP deliberately use aggressive language in a successful attempt to get that thread deleted by a mod. For a project the OP promoted on the forum, seeing him personally remove majority of his presence, including this thread (which he reinstated after my above comment), it was fair to ask what the plans were. Now that I have clarified why my above comment exists, I am gong to let it be.
Have you ever wondered why Chris is so passionate about the charity he was raising funds for?

Like 2
...the same way he self deleted most of his other threads.

When more than one member made it abundantly clear that what I do holds zero value, I decided to remove the zero value that I was adding.

Videos with Roger Smith, Kari Voutelinen, Robert-Jan, and Aldis Hodge talking about their watches? No value there.

Interviews with fellow collectors? No value there.

5 years of running events to bring people together, in the hope that the level of arsehole that's regularly seen on this forum will not be replicated in the pub? No value there.

Should I have taken a breath and walked away? Probably.

Did I? Nope.

Am I sorry? In general, no. But I should have left this thread alone, and for that I apologise.

Going forward I'm not going to post about GTGs, vGTGs or Podcasts here - I see no point in setting myself up to be torn down.

If people want to attend/watch/listen, they know where to go. And if they want to be notified, there is a mailing list.

As I type this, I can feel one particularly abrasive, charmless, know-it-all accusing me of having a "pity-party", that's not the case - this is me picking up my ball and taking it to somewhere that people actually want to play with it, rather than slash it to pieces for fun.

Like 1
When more than one member made it abundantly clear that what I do holds zero value, I decided to remove the zero value that I was adding.

Videos with Roger Smith, Kari Voutelinen, Robert-Jan, and Aldis Hodge talking about their watches? No value there.

Interviews with fellow collectors? No value there.

5 years of running events to bring people together, in the hope that the level of arsehole that's regularly seen on this forum will not be replicated in the pub? No value there.

Should I have taken a breath and walked away? Probably.

Did I? Nope.

Am I sorry? In general, no. But I should have left this thread alone, and for that I apologise.

Going forward I'm not going to post about GTGs, vGTGs or Podcasts here - I see no point in setting myself up to be torn down.

If people want to attend/watch/listen, they know where to go. And if they want to be notified, there is a mailing list.

As I type this, I can feel one particularly abrasive, charmless, know-it-all accusing me of having a "pity-party", that's not the case - this is me picking up my ball and taking it to somewhere that people actually want to play with it, rather than slash it to pieces for fun.
I hope you get more respect for what you have done for charity, and this forum, wherever you go mate.

If everyone would like to stop sending me messages that suggest I've lost my mind, that would be dandy.

Being royally fucked off, is not the same as having a breakdown.

Logging out and disabling notifications.

The raffle continues in the place it lives.

Cheers.

A couple of new prizes added to the pot (including a NOS vintage Marvin courtesy of James Dowling) - pictures added to first post.

Movember donation is now standing at £2,175

24 days left to buy a ticket if you would like to get involved.

Like 5
All donation monies now paid into the Movember account.

The total current donation amount is £2,240

This has been raised through the sale of 348 tickets to 112 people, and a further 100 tickets being bought by Farer, and gifted back to the first 100 ticket buyers.

Like 9
Ladies and gents, please buy your tickets! Not only are you supporting a great cause, you also reduce the chances of me having to explain another watch being added to my humble collection... :D

Like 4