Time 4A Pint London GTG - Tuesday 20th September

47email.jpg

Hey Folks!

With one thing and another last week, I didn't get a chance to send out a reminder about Early Bird tickets for Time 4A Pint #47 on Tuesday 20th September 2022. So, to give you one last chance to save £5 on a Full Price ticket, I've created a special discount code 5OFF, that's live until 8PM on Wednesday. GO GO GO!

I am also very pleased to share that we have some brilliant talks lined up for this month's Show & Tell, including:

• The Odyssey of "Trigger's Broom" or What happens when you wear the shit out a Rolex Sea Dweller and it has to be rebuilt because it's FUBAR multiple times.
  • Something Something Something, Oil Filled Watches.
  • First Timer Danny shares the story of his Black Bay 58 925 (that's the solid silver one)
  • Lee (OneHourWatch) is going to share something typography/horology/awesome

There's still one slot available for Show & Tell, there's 18 spaces left until we hit capacity, and I for one am very much looking forward to seeing lots of friendly nerds in the pub next week.

Fancy it? Click this link to buy your ticket and join us! (Use the code 5OFF at checkout to save £5!)

Cheers!

Chris

Very much looking forward to hanging out with everyone next week - don't be shy, get signed up and join us!

Ref - Proof of full vaccination (minimum two doses + booster)- That means not everyone?
For clarification and given the infection rates - Now we are on multiple boosters in the UK and the advice varies by age for boosters is this a viable caveat?
There is no mandate in the NHS or care homes and no limits on entry to the UK regarding Covid vaccines now. I am not sure what safety margin you are gaining for attendees?
I know you said you had some bad responses on the topic (not by me) but is the science adding up to maintain a personal vaccine mandate in the UK ?
As a country (England) and looking at all the event like ladies football and the Queens funeral we are moving out of the Covid situation. (hopefully)

If people would like to run their own event, with their own rules for admission, they are very welcome.

If they would like to come to an event I run, they will need to follow the rules I have set out, for the collective safety of everyone in the room.

Like 2
If people would like to run their own event, with their own rules for admission, they are very welcome.

If they would like to come to an event I run, they will need to follow the rules I have set out, for the collective safety of everyone in the room.

I enjoyed the event I attended back in the day Chris (during the pandemic) but what you are requesting has no basis in science or safety - you are making a point (which you are fully entitled to do) - I wish you well for the event / no hard feelings. Also I did PM you to clarify before posting the above - I felt this was a point to raise in public as you wish to maintain a long term vaccine/booster mandate.

As an aside Rolex wearing might be a bigger risk in London it seems :0)

So, having established that I have made a decision, and told you that I won't be changing that decision you felt that the best thing to do next was to post publicly that I won't do what you think I should do, at an event I run?

I am not sure what you're hoping to get out of this Alan.

I am running an event. I have set out some rules for attending that event. Those that don't want to comply with the rules don't have to come.

It feels pretty straight forward.

Like 3
So, having established that I have made a decision, and told you that I won't be changing that decision you felt that the best thing to do next was to post publicly that I won't do what you think I should do, at an event I run?

I am not sure what you're hoping to get out of this Alan.

I am running an event. I have set out some rules for attending that event. Those that don't want to comply with the rules don't have to come.

It feels pretty straight forward.

Like I say I wish you well with it Chris - but it is not fair to say everyone given your restrictions. I hope at some point (in line with English medical council guidance) and when you are comfortable with it, you can drop the vaccine mandate for Time4A pint. I have been holding back making any comment hoping that would happen / hence reaching out to you earlier today.

Again, not sure what you were hoping to get out of this Alan.

And I don’t see how fairness comes into it.

I have set rules, if you don’t want to follow them, that’s fine, you just can’t come along.

I don’t think this could be any simpler.

Like 1
We met and shook hands / we shared a joke or two during the pandemic. I had travelled 100 miles by train and tube to attend - I saw you as someone I had a real world relationship with. You now wish to ostrascise me from an event I enjoyed. That stings a bit .. thats all
Edited:

We met and shook hands / we shared a joke or two during the pandemic. I had travelled 100 miles by train and tube to attend - I saw you as somone I had a real world relationship with. You now wish to ostrascise me from an event I enjoyed. That stings a bit .. thats all

Again, I don’t know what you’re hoping to gain out of this Alan.

Im glad you had a nice time. I am not changing the rules.

That’s the end of it.

Looking forward to drinking beer and talking watches with 20 of my fellow nerds in London tomorrow evening. If you've signed up, see you there!