Forums Latest Members

Time 4A Pint Extraordinary Mini-Meet #2 - 13th September 2018

1. tyrantlizardrex Aug 6, 2018

Word hit my inbox that #watchnerd, podcaster (give the Off Hours Podcast a listen here), maker of fantastic silver pens, and all round good egg, Chris Manning is visiting the UK from Canada and fancied a beer (or two).

mm2 copy.JPG

Sadly his dates didn't tie in with a regular Time 4A Pint meet. But having proven out the Extraordinary Mini-Meet concept as a way to welcome visiting fellow nerds, I thought it would be fun to run another one, and show Chris some Time 4A Pint hospitality.

In return Chris has very kindly offered to spend a few minutes telling us about his beautiful silver creations (there might be a Powerpoint!), and will be bringing along a few of his handcrafted silver pens so we can check out his craftsmanship first hand.

WHEN
    Thursday 13th September 2018, from 18:30 to 22:30.

WHERE
    A secret location just north of the City of London - disclosed to registered attendees 24 hours before the event.

WHAT TO EXPECT
    • A private event space - the safety of you, and your watches is very important to me, so I hire a room, and keep the location secret from anyone other than, vetted, registered, watch collectors.
    • A mini-meet, in a smaller venue than we regularly use, with space for 25 watch collectors, and their eclectic collections of horological goodies from the past and present.
    • An easy going, friendly environment, where you can hang out, drink a few beers, and talk watches with like minded folk.
    HOW
    • The Time 4A Pint Extraordinary Mini-Meet #2 is free to attend

• To gain access to a ticket, you'll need to make sure you're signed up to the Time 4A Pint mailing list, and then drop me a line through the contact page on Time 4A Pint, or send me a DM here on the OF for an access code.

• One you have your access code, enter it in here to book your ticket.
    Looking forward to seeing some OF folks in the pub! :)

2. tyrantlizardrex Aug 7, 2018

Even without @dougiedude in attendance, 1/4 of the spaces have already gone for this Time 4A Pint Extraordinary Mini-Meet with a silver smithing twist.

If you want to come along and do all the usual Time 4A Pint drinking and watch based stuff, plus see some cool pens and talk to a super friendly Canadian silversmith about his work, drop me a PM for the access code!