Forums Latest Members

Thrift shop find. Vintage Mechanical timex diver.

1. alfanator May 7, 2016

Anyone know anything about these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. arkstfan May 7, 2016

No but I'm sure if it runs without added investment it's worth putting on a strap to mix things up. Interesting look.

3. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 7, 2016

I had one that I liked but it was problematic. The date wheel kept slipping out of position and I recall the stamped dial was irritating to remove to reposition the date wheel each time. Great looks though with the white on black. The red lollipop second seemed to float with the black hand over the black dial.
    Enjoy!

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 7, 2016

I don't believe those movements were meant to be serviced. If its not working well, leave it.

5. alfanator May 7, 2016

It is running surprisingly well. Condition is like new. Snagged it for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travisrock, Giff2577 and Foo2rama like this.
  6. GBTRIUMPH May 7, 2016

FUN!

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 7, 2016

Just keep it wound up and wear it.
    I think you'll get more than $20 worth of fun from it, and with the clock spring powering that Kalashnikov of a movement it should go for ages.

8. ossfm May 7, 2016

For $20 I'd say it's worth a shot. My wife went to a garage sale the other day. On the way out she said "If there are any watches, I'll let you know." I didn't even have to ask; how nice.

I guess that circular piece of metal on top of the movement would be called a barrel bridge? That's a strangely shaped bridge. Definitely purpose built.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 7, 2016

I think it should be called an "Everything Bridge" :D

And considering that Timex stopped making mechanical movements in the early 1980s, the fact that this un-jewelled, unserviced movement still runs after so many years is impressive.

PS: It's probably a Timex Model 25/105, but need better pics to make the call.

Edited May 7, 2016