Three Years With My Grail: Omega Ribbon Dial Reflection

Posts
883
Likes
1,767
Hello everyone!

I was contemplating the fact that I now spent more than three years with my grail watch and reflecting over it.
This one was miles away from a compulsory purchase. I got it after extensive research, both to figure out exactly what was my 'thing', and for hunting it. You probably know the story, I made a 'WTB' post on this forum with pictures and found the owner of the exact piece that I was looking for. We became friends, and he eventually sold it to me.

Yesterday I was looking at it in the pale winter overcast light, and thinking that after three years passed, this would still be my grail watch. Time does not seem to have the same effect on this one compared to other watches I have previously owned.



Do you own a grail watch and feel the same way?
 
Posts
1,670
Likes
8,397
I don’t have a lot of three handers but that is a beauty. Enjoy it.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,378
I agree! It’s a beautiful watch.
Edited:
 
Posts
45
Likes
17
Watch looks great, very hard to find imo. I don't do grails but every here and there i see something that really pops and i fall in love with it..until the next one. I only do drawer finds and if the overall condition meets my high standards i'm hooked. My current obsession is the 'Speedy Companion' technical Seamaster which i've been wearing for a few months straight.
 
Posts
359
Likes
606
it's so beautiful. im not a gold watch guy, but would snap this up any day.
 
Posts
305
Likes
485
beautiful ribbon dial! This is in good shape. With the matching beads of rice to boot!
 
Posts
52
Likes
90
Is that a gold bracelet? Wonder if you could get away with a silver bracelet on that?
 
Posts
617
Likes
1,967
Is that a gold bracelet? Wonder if you could get away with a silver bracelet on that?

That’s a 20 micron 7-row gold plated bracelet. For your 14779 curtain watch, a 5-row gold plated is correct. Like those here:

 
Posts
106
Likes
110
‘Do you own a grail watch and feel the same way?’

My collection has gone through many changes over the years, and in that time I’d say a number of my watches slowly became staples that I can’t imagine parting with.