Forums Latest Members

Three Weeks, Three Polerouters...

1. Traveler Jun 1, 2015

I said this after I got the first one, but I can't believe I had not really noticed this watch before. Impeccable pedigree of designer and manufacturer, and stunning, timeless looks inside and out. First came the 18k solid gold from a fellow forum enabler... The week after, a gold capped with killer patina (not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it) which I scooped up from E-bay :eek:, then the latest stainless steel black dial which arrived today (again from a forum friend). I can't get enough of these things... As @donkii told me I have 'Polerouter Flu' ;):thumbsup:

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jun 1, 2015

Underrated, under-appreciated. Nicely done sir :thumbsup:

Traveler likes this.
  3. watchcollect Jun 1, 2015

Those are awesome. 3 great examples. Congrats.

Traveler likes this.
  4. x3no Jun 1, 2015

Beautiful pieces! I was very tempted on that 18K Gold offered from the other forum member. Glad it went to a good home! Something about that steel with black dial just "does it" for me though. mhmm ::love::

No more watches for a while.. no more watches for a while... Must... show... restraint....:(

5. Traveler Jun 1, 2015

Yeah that's what I said after no. 1 ! Oh well....

6. SeanO Jun 1, 2015

plenty of time for restraint when you're dead.....

lwong likes this.
  7. Fost Jun 2, 2015

So nice !! You did a great job ! I am please to see the 18k with some friends :) enjoy!

Traveler likes this.
  8. donkii Jun 2, 2015

Glad that the black dialed arrived safely!
    Looks great on that mesh! Will you change the crystal in the near future :) ?

9. Traveler Jun 2, 2015

I actually gave it a quick buff with poly watch and it came up pretty good I think - you can still see the micro cracks under a lot of magnification as they must go deep into the crystal, but to the naked eye it looks fine - so I think I will keep as is for now. I kind of like that they are there under the surface as some kind of 'history' - we'll see!

donkii likes this.
  10. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 2, 2015

Cool trio, but there's an important omission – an early bumper version! (I shoulda been a drug dealer…)

11. Traveler Jun 2, 2015

Funny you should say that - I was eyeing one last night .... I was soooo tempted.... If I would have had one more glass of wine I would have pulled the trigger! Hmmmm now you got me thinking again :confused:

12. apan Oops, I forgot the "J" when I registered.... Jun 2, 2015

Fantastic trio! I need me an 18k..

Here's mine - seems to be the same execution as your black dial but with a bit of a color change!

ug polerouter trop.jpg

13. Traveler Jun 2, 2015

That's a lovely looking dial - if it started out black that's some very nice tropicalization

14. Fer Seamaster Jun 9, 2015

The patina on that gold non-date one is awesome. One of the nicest I have ever seen in a Polerouter.

Congratulations for this trio!

Traveler likes this.
  15. Traveler Jun 16, 2015

Fost likes this.
  16. Fost Jun 16, 2015

:cool: very nice! One of those of i already regret...
    (i am trying to solve my addiction to those 18k gold watches and i was thinking i was on the good way as i just resist to a Zenith Captain Deluxe cal 71...but ...looking at this i feel the flue coming...)

Traveler likes this.