Forums Latest Members
  1. rmpsfdbs Jun 3, 2017

I'm new to this forum. I looked around for answers to these questions without much luck. I apologize if they have been asked/answered before.

1. I've noticed that some Speedmaster Mark II's with racing dials have a white Omega logo (above "OMEGA", below 12) while others are the orange of the sweep hand and the hours- and minutes subdial hands. Which is correct?
    2. My original black dial has chamfered subdials, whereas my newer racing subdials are stepped. On the original racing dial, were the subdials chamfered or were they stepped?
    3. When my watch was recently serviced, the "T Swiss Made T" dial was replaced with a "Swiss Made" dial. Is this routinely done because of radiation concerns for the tritium used in the former?

Thanks. pecherer 4.jpg

2. kkrankall Jun 3, 2017

I hope you have the original dial and hands. The service dial and hands decrease the value of the watch by a good amount.

Love the MKII Racing Dials.

[​IMG]

3. kkrankall Jun 3, 2017

Orange for sure
    Not sure mine is stepped
    You want your dial to say T Swiss Made T.

Jkuback likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 3, 2017

There are 2.. vintage and the rerelease and they look the same at first and are totally different. You have the original.

In your case they replaced the original dial and put in a luminova one. They do this as the tritium wears out. Do you still have the original dial?

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  5. Zack Jun 4, 2017

I think the logo fades in another way than the hands, yellow first and then (almost) white.

6. Jkuback Jun 4, 2017

1 Orange (but faded)
    2 slightly stepped
    3 you need the T otherwise it's service (as above)

A pic of mine, faded orange Logo (looks nearly White) and slightly stepped
    IMG_20170604_082449.jpg

7. rmpsfdbs Jun 4, 2017

Wow! Thanks so much! That really makes sense. Never occurred to me that white = (extremeley faded) orange. Even the differential fading between the hour- and minute subdial hands is obvious from your picture. Live and learn!!

Thanks to others for their help. These Forums are amazing.

8. rmpsfdbs Jun 4, 2017

That really helps. Thank you.

And yes, I still have the original dial and it's in very good condition. If I list it on eBay (likely), I'll include the original dial for any collector who wants to bring it back closer to (but clearly not equal to) original. For wearing purposes, I really like the racing dial.

Thanks again. Amazing forum.