Forums Latest Members

Thoughts, swapping my Rolex Deepsea D blue for Omega Silver snoopy

1. Japenney Nov 20, 2016

My D blue is mint condition with box and papers. This would be a straight trade. Would you do it? I'm a little torn here as I love both watches. Don't worry about what else is in my collection. Just wondering what you all think about it from a value / preference standpoint. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jeffgo888 Nov 20, 2016

Oh no...I wont...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. tyrantlizardrex Nov 20, 2016

Your D is blue?

What on earth have you been doing?

4. Bushido Nov 20, 2016

That's a really tough one as they are totally different watches all around. Price wise, If BNIB, the Snoopy is going for more than a D-Blue on the secondary market. Current trends would indicate neither is nearing a value fall so I presume, financially speaking, you'd be in safe territory either way.

General comfort I would have to give to the Snoopy but that robust "I've got a great hunk of a watch" feel to the DSSD.

I'm thinking this one comes down to personal preference if a straight up 1-1 trade. Push comes to shove, I believe I would opt for the Speedy LE but I have personal bias towards this watch line.

thatonewatchdude and Foo2rama like this.
  5. mattonthewater Nov 20, 2016

That would be a huge mistake imo. Nothing against the Speedy Snoopy, but the DSSD Blue is this generations DRSD. The snoopy is just one of tons of LE speedy's.

6. meganfox17 Nov 20, 2016

Are we talking 'bout James Cameron blue ?
    [​IMG]The Answer is a BIG NO !!!! Dont be Silly !
    You really want a Snoopy ?
    Get a Samsung Gear3 smartwatch or Apple or Moto 360 watch[​IMG][​IMG]

Frunkinator, Nitzbar and cicindela like this.
  7. Japenney Nov 20, 2016

Is drsd red Sea dweller? Thanks guys. Maybe I find another way to get the snoopy in ge collection. Looks like prices on snoopy have been falling. Maybe in a year or 2 it costs less.

8. OhMegaMan Nov 20, 2016

I doubt that the price will be falling anytime soon as those on sale right now will go to collectors willing to pay. Those collectors wont put them on market again to sell (case & point: myself). The silver snoopy is 'limited' to 1970. The Dssd is in current production.

If i were you, against all the advises here, I would do the trade. Sometime in the future, if I still love that dssd, i would get it new or used. It is probably easier to source dssd than bnib silver snoopy down the road.

My 2 cents.

Edited Nov 20, 2016
  9. micampe Nov 20, 2016

Either of them provides enough reading material to fill those empty minutes while waiting to board or at the post office.

ahartfie, cristos71, Jwit and 2 others like this.
  10. mattonthewater Nov 20, 2016

Negative, the Deep Blue is NOT in production and is the shortest model run Rolex has EVER done.

meganfox17 likes this.
  11. West Slope Nov 20, 2016

Probably not a problem I will ever have but I prefer the deep blue. Not a fan of the snoopy, just looks to cute.....future value is anyone's guess.

12. fnfz4 Nov 20, 2016

Snoopy will always have higher resale value in the future

13. Bushido Nov 20, 2016

I have not heard this but I'm also not a core DSSD fan and follower. The best I can find is a rumor thread begun on TRF last year with the final post, one week ago, being an individual whom purchased the watch new from his AD last month. On the US Rolex website, it is still listed as part of the Sea Dweller current line up. I cannot find anything close to a confirmed source on discontinuation.

14. CharlesGenta Nov 20, 2016

I'd go with the snoopy. It's limited to 1970 and there's heavy demand for it and will likely continue in the future. The D-Blue, you can still buy anytime, at least for the next few years. I have not heard any confirmation or official communication on a discontinuation.

15. Japenney Nov 21, 2016

Hey guys. I actually follow Rolex very closely. The D-blue is not discontinued. However, it is the most limited production out of all Rolex. Most authorized dealers get 1-2 D-blue per year maximum. By comparison they get around 4-6 blnr / hulk / daytona. The other sports models are much more available than these described allocation pieces. AD's may receive a regular black submariner or GMT every month, for example. Non-sport watches can be ordered in as many as they can sell. Currently the only exception is the ceramic Daytona. However, the daytona will be around for a very long time and Rolex usually rolls them out slowly at the start to create hype and then speeds up to normal rates. I am describing the USA and Canada markets. The UK is having some problems getting any sports models at the moment. Hope this helps explain the rarity of modern Rolex models.

Pun and CharlesGenta like this.
  16. Kobus Nov 21, 2016

I love Rolex, but why all that printing............ ORIGINAL bla bla.

Over the top. I love the Snoopy and would make the swop.

kkt likes this.
  17. Jaacck Nov 21, 2016

go for the speedy. Think its the best Omega have come out with in years in regards to a limited speedy. I am biased though

18. tyrantlizardrex Nov 21, 2016

So now you can accurately predict the future of markets for collectible commodities? :coffee:

19. meganfox17 Nov 21, 2016

W[emoji15]W ! I didnt know that...
    Thanks for the info

Edited Nov 22, 2016
    Nitzbar likes this.
  20. Nactex Nov 21, 2016

Interesting when you look on eBay items sold, the cheapest Deepsea D Blue was $8,800
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Sea-D...834427?hash=item4d4c13987b:g:So8AAOSwI2xX8b8PPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The cheapest Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Networkwas $10,700
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMITED-EDI...547859?hash=item4655d22bd3:g:XR8AAOSwYIxX6WqYPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It looks like the Snoopy is the best investment wise.