Forums Latest Members
  1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

A friend of mine has this for sale and i quite like the silver dial and bezel combo. Whats your thoughts?

Thx

Omega_Speedmaster_Auto_1.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

You have too many Speedmasters as it is, focus on the pros lol

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

I love the speedys.... well Omega in general....

Thoughts on watches i might like? Drop me the replies below.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 28, 2013

I remember one of member here buy triple date with silver-dial-bezel combo and sell it again within less than one month. The reason: difficult to read the silver hands. I prefer something contrast, at least with the hand.

Ashley advice is right at the point. You already play at Speedy Pro LE game.....why set into this auto speedy?

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

I like speedy's in general LE's and normal editions, plus a friend is selling this one so i can get a good deal on it.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 28, 2013

No comment on that ;)

7. kendrick Apr 28, 2013

I think you should consider how many watches you would like to have in your collection. Personally, I am aiming for 8 and currently sitting on 6.

Now there is no question this is a nice watch, but it is very unremarkable - especially compared to the other watches I have seen from you. How would it fit into your collection? Would it be a daily wearer? Would it see a lot of wrist time?

If it is a watch that you will not ultimately remain with you, you should factor the time/effort you would need to re-sell it, (at some point). This obviously depends on how substantial the discount from your friend is, as it could easily offset the future cost of flipping it.

If you have room for it in both your collection and on your wrist, you should absolutely go for it.

Otherwise, you are better off saving the funds for a watch that you would more likely treasure; like that LE Gemini you have been looking for;)

8. ulackfocus Apr 28, 2013

I like the way those 3211's fit. There are a couple better dial options, like blue sunburst and red/black/white, but that's still a good looking watch. The Valjoux 7750 is a reliable and accurate caliber.

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

I see it Thursday when home in the UK, I will keep you posted!

10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2013

i personally do not have a figure, if I see a watch I like and the deal is good I go for it, you saw that with the Aqua Terra. I have my eyes on a few others at the moment and the Gemini 4 is very very high on that list. You guys will be the first to know ;)

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 28, 2013

You seems do not have trouble to flip your watch while continuing amassing your collection.