Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on vintage Zenith

1. Peppe Mar 14, 2014

Hi,

I have been hunting for a larger size (37-39mm) Omega dress watch a while but bumped in to the Zenith below on a Swedish auction site which now caught my interest. The larger Zeniths does not seem to be quite as "common" as the Omegas.

Do you have any thoughts or comments on this one? Cal 126, all original according to the seller who also means it is in mint condition. My fear is that it looks a bit too good for its age; mainly the dial.

But... I am very close to biddig for it. Any ideas on value? Also... would a larger size Omega like a for example a 2505 be a better choice for any reason?

https://m.tradera.com/item/190125/203907574/1954-zenith-jumbo-kostymur-cal-126-mint-

Appreciate you help!

2. ulackfocus Mar 14, 2014

No idea on the max bid you should place.

Just wanted to thank you for installing your own avatar picture. :thumbsup:

3. Peppe Mar 14, 2014

Glad it makes you happy :) It's been there a while now, but I really want to be able to switch it for a picture of my first vintage soon :)

Anybody having some input to if the watch would be a good buy? The backside of the lugs look a bit interesting too... polished?

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 14, 2014

Peppe, not much to say about the watch. It looks clean enough, if fairly anonymous. I will say that dials with the dial furniture embossed are extremely easy to redial, as there are few details and fonts that need to be reproduced. The images are not good enough to see if the pain creeps up the side of the numbers and hour fleches - often the only tell of a redial on such watches. As for value - I dunno, about USD200.

5. Peppe Mar 15, 2014

Thanks for the hint LouS. I will check if I can get better pictures that might tell me if it is a redial.

Would you guys say that a similar size/age Omega is a better buy for any reasons? More of a collectible? Higher quality movements?

Cheers!