Forums Latest Members
  1. Talmor Sabo Apr 11, 2013

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 11, 2013

One of the most faked omegas. Be very careful. I am no expert on these, but google extensively. Google hall of shame sm300

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 11, 2013

4. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 11, 2013

I think that one did the rounds on Watch Recon. If it is the one I am thinking of, It was assembled from NOS parts from Ofrei by a watchmaker student sitting a finals exam. Or so the story went. I believe he said it has a NOS 565 in it. Wait for the experts opinions

5. Talmor Sabo Apr 12, 2013

I did request those pictures. At first he told me that because I am not in the US he won't deal with me, which I found strange as this request isn't bizarre at all. All I wanted was to see the movement and inside of the case back. After a few messages back and forth he simply sent me this link and told me to view them there.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-omega-seamaster-300-a-839389.html
    Movement pics were there, but still no pics of the inside of the case back and he says he doesn't have any.
    Do I forget about this one and start looking for another?

6. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 12, 2013

That is a VERY nice watch. In saying that, there is the old adage 'BUY THE SELLER' so if you have concerns with the guy then pull out. Also, you could pm the guy that put it together and talk to him about it. He may be happy to talk to you about it.

Good luck

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2013

...but even so, you still have to deal with the current seller :cautious:

8. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 12, 2013

Just to be clear, I do not wish my comments to be seen as casting aspersions on a fellow member. My experience is that many US sellers do not sell outside the CONUS. We have a system where our postal service will provide a verified US address to ship to then on ship here for a small fee so that is a way to get around CONUS only sellers.

My point was that the OP obviously likes the watch so was merely offering advice to help him obtain the information that he needs to feel comfortable with spending his hard earned cash.

I blew up the pics of the movement and it looks like it is new to me. Now the OP needs to verify if the case # is within the correct reference for the rest of the watch.

I hope this helps

CS

9. Talmor Sabo Apr 12, 2013

I informed the seller that my cousin lives in the US and would be more than happy to receive on my behalf and then forward it to me. He also said he only accepts US verified paypal, again my cousin is more than happy to pay with their account on my behalf. Only after all of this did he send me the link to the previous listing of the watch.
    Surely one shouldn't have to beg for a few simple pictures of the movement and inside of the case back, regardless of where they live. Maybe someone just wants some more insight and wishes to enrich their knowledge.

10. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2013

Well he is trying to sell the watch - not provide educational help. But if a seller isn't enthusuastic about a buyer, then you have to be sure it's worth the extra work to push the sale through.

11. ulackfocus Apr 12, 2013

Watch says sold now - did you buy it?

12. Talmor Sabo Apr 12, 2013

No I did not buy it. I found it on eBay. The eBay listing is still active. Yet it's also shown other places?
    If I wasn't suspicious before I am now.

13. Mr Patrick Apr 12, 2013

This is still on the chicago Craigslist as well