Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this Zenith Chronograph

1. R.J. Jul 17, 2017

Hi all - I've been looking for a vintage Zenith chronograph for quite a while now and came across this nice one on Chrono24: https://www.chrono24.nl/zenith/hand-winding-18k-pink-gold-chronograph--id4796756.htm

Although it appears to be in near mint condition, I have my doubts about two elements: the tachymeter (which seems a little bit off, which might be caused by the angle of the pictures) and the hands (I haven't seen many of these 'slim' kind of hands on Zenith chronographs).

Very happy to have your thoughts on this!

Best, R.J.

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 17, 2017

Probably fine. One cannot accurately judge an outer scale using photos like those due to distortion resulting from the curved part of the crystal.

3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jul 17, 2017

I agree that the hour and minute hand are likely replacements.

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 17, 2017

Dial is a-OK, including tachymeter. Hands highly likely to be replacements.

5. R.J. Jul 19, 2017

Thanks all for your responses! Much appriciated!

6. craigbythesea Oct 8, 2017

Did you go for it? Post some pictures

7. R.J. Oct 8, 2017

Thanks for asking, Craig!

I didn't go for that one, but will most probably go for the attached chronograph instead.

What do you think?

Zenith.jpeg
  8. craigbythesea Oct 8, 2017

Dear R.J. I have only just got my first Zenith. So by no means an expert. See below the one I just picked up. Did so because the collectors group I go to suggested Zenith are good for a collector like me. I have about 7 watches but I'm still learning. I picked mine up for just a couple of hundred quid so a low risk purchase. So far I have really enjoyed learning about the brand and the watch. Which for me is what I enjoy so enjoying my Zenith. WP_20171005_13_27_20_Pro.jpg

The one you have in the photo is a cross between mine and a Brietling Top Time. Another watch I was looking at. The combination of the two appeals to me. I think this is a really nice watch. So if you can get it for the right money I would.