Forums Latest Members
  1. rolokr Jan 12, 2017

My gut instinct is redial, old dial with ZERO patina ?

2. Dgercp Jan 12, 2017

Wow, thanks for the education.

rolokr likes this.
  3. 10H10 Jan 12, 2017

The only thig that bothers me in the dial is the "Tri-compax" in one word "Tricompax"... Since it is not copyrighted by U.G. I wonder why they did such an obvious mistake ?...
    Btw, there are some mismatches in the fonts (Maybe it's a genuine, it's just my opinion, no offense or else...).

4. Dre Jan 12, 2017

I feel like this thread is more useful to the redialer now to correct their mistakes :unsure:

I've discussed the "Tricompax" writing on this watch with other member in this forum previously, this is a period correct dial for an early Tri-Compax. The watch is in pretty bad condition and the case has been completely refinished however.

5. 10H10 Jan 13, 2017

Hi,

So you mean, the dial is UG genuine ?

6. Dre Jan 13, 2017

Yessir. Would love to hear your other concerns apart from the word "TRICOMPAX" if you have any?

Serial below, quite low on the 900k range,
    [​IMG]

Larry S likes this.
  7. Mlafra Jan 14, 2017

I agree with Dre, dial is perfectly original but casework most likely refinished as it is too perfect and new and scratchless for that dial.
    Some (but not all) of these early Tri-Compaxes with Truman case are known to have the lack of "-" between Tri and Compax (in this specific tight range of serial numbers by the way, there is an even earlier batch of Tri-Compaxes, the very first one, that have a different case shape, smaller at 35mm but with thick big lugs, these are the very first Tri-Compaxes ever produced and commercialized)