Forums Latest Members
  1. mks4 Apr 6, 2014

Hi all.. I don't post often but had a question on this one. I'm traveling for business in Hong Kong and someone let me know of the Vintage Watch show that occurred this weekend. Well, I saw a Speedmaster Ed White and decided not to go for it. My feeling was the pushers were not each of the same size and the bezel looked wrong. It's also available on the site below. Pricing was better than on the web by a decent amount but I did not buy as I'm a bit tired of trying to find hard-to-find parts.

http://www.ukwatches.com/shop/?wpsc...er-model-number-st105-003-65-dating-from-1965

Curious if you agree with my concerns stated above?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2014

You're right about the bezel and pushers. Overall I'd have left it alone too.

The hands are probably later replacements and the dial looks rough too. The price is too high for the condition.

3. mks4 Apr 6, 2014

Thanks very much!!

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 6, 2014

james was in hong kong? did he say, that all was original ? oh, boy...... kind regards. achim

5. richardew Apr 6, 2014

I think it's ugly! Wrong bezel, wrong hands, really crappy dial. He also has a 145.012-67 that has a new dial for $5000! He describes it as original and 90%. LOL

stef2010 likes this.
  6. mks4 Apr 6, 2014

Yes, he was there. When I saw the name, I was pretty excited... Perhaps I didn't ask the right questions or show a high enough level of interest...

by the way, the show was filled with A LOT of questionable stuff. I saw way too many perfect hands on old Speedmasters and Tudor Monte Carlos and too many perfectly "tropical" Rolex no crown guard Subs and GMT's. Dealers playing on their computers and acting in a generally non friendly manner was the norm.

I got to see one American dealer threaten to throw out an admittedly shady looking character who was trying to return something he'd bought earlier.

The whole show (apparently this is a well-known one) was a bit of a turnoff despite so many sellers from all over and so many things to see. I guess it's good to at least see some things live to know if they should remain on the list!

7. timeismoney Apr 6, 2014

Wow, there are way better ways to spend that money. You did right.