Forums Latest Members
  1. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 13, 2018

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 13, 2018

post the pics here?

abrod520 and efauser like this.
  3. sevenhelmet Jul 13, 2018

The dial indices have been repainted, and not well. I strongly suspect it might be a frankenwatch.

I'd avoid this sale (and as a personal rule, Ebay in general.)

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 13, 2018

5. Just Livin Jul 13, 2018

Indices look good, and would disagree that they have been repainted/relumed. Hands replaced at some point for sure. If anything they should be slightly darker...or similar. But not lighter.
    Nice DON!

mr_yossarian and Dash1 like this.
  6. Just Livin Jul 13, 2018

Would be nice to have seen an inside shot of the caseback, and movement :thumbsup:

7. Dan S Jul 13, 2018

The dial and hands actually look ok to me. There is some lume loss on the inner part of some markers, but it could be original lume. The sweep second hand has the long tip, suggesting that it's original, and the color of the lume is a reasonable match with the dial. It's harder for me to see the lume in the hour and minute hands because of the lighting, but I'm not seeing any real red flags. The sub-dial hands also look pointy and original.

8. sevenhelmet Jul 13, 2018

Would agree about the hands... but is that lume really original? It seems to have more "depth" to it and the edges aren't as crisp to my eye as usually seen on examples of this vintage. But the original lume was hand painted, right? So perhaps some variability and softer edges on the indices is to be expected.

If it IS original, it's a fantastic example.

9. Just Livin Jul 13, 2018

By way of an example. Here is a pristine 105.012 I own.
    Note the puffiness of the lume. I have no doubt this is original, given the known history.
    The hands on the Ebay one still concern me.
    Mine a CB. Ebay it looks like a HF case? IMG_0557.jpg

10. Neek U-neek. Get it? Jul 13, 2018

This is a tough one...there's nothing that's standing out to me as a clear indicator of non-original parts, but something just seems 'off' for lack of a better description.

11. mr_yossarian Jul 13, 2018

But hands..as long as they are not luminova..it's the last part I had worries about. The rest looks absolutely fine and the DON should outperform a set of slightly later hands.

Just Livin likes this.
  12. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 13, 2018

Very nice.

13. Philou Jul 13, 2018

Nice watch, lume on indices looks original to me, not sure about the hands.

14. BatDad Jul 13, 2018

Would love to see a black light shot of this to confirm the hands situation. Bezel looks great, original crown, few scuffs that'll poly watch out. Case looks good to my eyes - but there's something that doesn't sit right for me with those plots.

Would we call this a premium collector example though? Almost 20% over 101s June price guide?

Has the extract too....

15. ndgal Jul 13, 2018

I do not agree.
    Lume on hands and dial looks OK to me.
    These are not the best pictures, but the hands seem to match the dial rather nicely.

[​IMG]

The one thing I am not crazy about are the oil stains on the dial.
    Other then that, watch looks pretty darn good. No Red flags for me.

16. ndgal Jul 13, 2018

If you know what you're looking at, then nothing "Seems off". The only reason you're saying that is because the seed of doubt has already been planted in your head by a couple of the previous comments, so now you're already in "search mode" for that "something"...

To me this watch looks 100%.
    Sharp case.
    All correct parts.
    Killer DON.
    Beautiful dial & hands.

Again, the only drawback I can notice are those oil stains on the dial which I'm sure are hardly noticeable in person. If they weren't there, I'd be very tempted...

shishy, Kmart, Neek and 3 others like this.
  17. Davidt Jul 13, 2018

Correct original pushers and crown, lovely thick case and great bezel. I'd say everything's original here, possibly even down to the bracelet.

18. BatDad Jul 13, 2018

Is it typical on the 105.012s that some of the plots aren't razor sharp. On this watch, specifically the ends of 2, 5 and 7 don't look flatended to my eye. That's what makes me most uncomfortable with this one - well that and the price (but I'm not a buyer on this either way)

That being said - I'll bet this looks stunning in the flesh.

19. Dan S Jul 13, 2018

The dynamics of opinion crowd-sourcing is always interesting in threads like these.

murph likes this.
  20. Neek U-neek. Get it? Jul 13, 2018

OK dude you need to get out of my brain through my IP :)

You're probably right. I'm so easily manipulated.