Forums Latest Members
  1. Superpacker Jun 6, 2013

I have decided that for my first vintage purchase I want a Seamaster, preferably a Deville, as I feel (and correct me if I'm wrong) they are a little sleeker and thereby dressier. And I have decided that I would prefer it to have any combination of at least 2 of the following: 1) date window, 2) cross-hairs, 3) black dial (I realize the near impossibility of an original one with all 3) I would greatly appreciate any opinions on this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Omega-Seamaster-DeVille-Watch-Stainless-w-Date-Cal-562-1963-/380654405418?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item58a0c5472a. Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Is this a good example, if so, what is a good price for this specific example, and for future a good price (factoring in that it will need service) for a model described above? Thanks guys, love this forum!

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 6, 2013

Not a great example IMO. The hands don't look right to me. The dial looks original and the crosshair ones bring a little more, but I think this will need some work.

Also, this seller is known for fairly high reserves.
    gatorcpa

3. ulackfocus Jun 6, 2013

1) easy
    2) a little harder
    3) probably not even worth looking unless you feel lucky

If bought for under $400 it wouldn't be bad. There's something wrong with the crystal or retaining ring though, so count in $40 extra on top of a service to have it straightened out. Don't know exactly what's up but it just doesn't look right.

4. Superpacker Jun 7, 2013

I know getting date window w/ cross hairs AND black dial is pretty much not even worth trying. I would be totally happy with just date and cross hairs. I think I would prefer SS, however, a gold cap would be nice for contrast. Here, there is a bit too much silver tone. Even the hands don't like a lot of contrast. Can good examples of this, meaning date, cross hairs and gold cap be had for under $500?