Thoughts on this Seamaster? Real or fake?

Hi Omega fans,

New to the forums, got this vintage omega seamaster through watchexchange and curious what the trained eyes here think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange/s/G5oy6dq5SH

Beautiful watch, almost in too good of condition, which naturally makes me skeptical + back inscription is out of the ordinary. Anyway, appreciate the help, let me know what you think.

Looks all good to me. The case reference will be on the inside of the back.
How much did you pay?

Usually a gold caseback indicates that the whole watch case is solid gold. This one may have a different back to allow for ingraving instead of the Seamaster hippocampus.
The back is certainly chewed up not a great sign for its care.

upload_2023-11-20_7-2-38.png
It hurts my eyes when I see diggers trying to get into a watch when they don't belong there anyway.

Looks all good to me. The case reference will be on the inside of the back.
How much did you pay?

Appreciate your couple messages, paid $515 including shipping. Wanted a nice vintage seamaster and it looked good to my untrained eye. Looks great in person as well so wanted to confirm it wasn't too good to be true kinda deal.

The back is pretty beat up but cool story none the less.

Usually a gold caseback indicates that the whole watch case is solid gold. This one may have a different back to allow for ingraving instead of the Seamaster hippocampus.
The back is certainly chewed up not a great sign for its care.
It says gold filled, which is obviously not particularly desirable, and not a bargain. But aside from the caseback the condition looks ok, so it should be fine for occasional careful wear.

It says gold filled, which is obviously not particularly desirable, and not a bargain. But aside from the caseback the condition looks ok, so it should be fine for occasional careful wear.
Yes, I saw the gold filled. I meant I was surprised to see a gold filled back on a gold filled Seamaster.

Yes, I saw the gold filled. I meant I was surprised to see a gold filled back on a gold filled Seamaster.
Ok you confused me by saying the caseback was gold.

Pretty common for US market watches of that period.

Is the SEAMASTER signature also something typical for the US market?
It seems to not be the usual font, but I have also seen other (although only a few) with similar font.

s-l1600.jpg

It's original, there were a few font styles over the years and different locations as well.

It’s called the “coat hanger” S.
many prefer this style ( including myself) I believe it’s an earlier version but others will know more.
Enjoy the watch.
Here are my coat hanger Seamasters from 1958, 61, 61, and 68 IMG_3218.jpeg IMG_5197.jpeg IMG_7598.jpeg IMG_4709.jpeg

It’s called the “coat hanger” S.
many prefer this style ( including myself) I believe it’s an earlier version but others will know more.
Enjoy the watch.
Here are my coat hanger Seamasters from 1958, 61, 61, and 68 IMG_3218.jpeg IMG_5197.jpeg IMG_7598.jpeg IMG_4709.jpeg
It is not about the S (in coat hanger style) - rather look at the m, s (second one), t and r.
They are in different font from the one on your watches.

It is not about the S (in coat hanger style) - rather look at the m, s (second one), t and r.
They are in different font from the one on your watches.
Yes I see the differences. There were some different fonts that are original but need the experts back to confirm.