Forums Latest Members
  1. Flip2Pour Aug 7, 2013

I am new to vintage Omegas and am looking for thoughts on this piece.
    342 2.jpg 342 back.jpg 342 casebacke.jpg 342 crown.jpg 342 face.jpg 342 movement.jpg 342 serial.jpg 342 side.jpg

I have been trying to learn what I can,and I would like to hear your thoughts on it.
    I think the dial looks untouched but I dont have an experienced eye for that yet.

Does the case back look right for the movement and face?

thanks for the help with another rookie!

2. ulackfocus Aug 7, 2013

342? Can't be - it has center seconds.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 7, 2013

The original pictures from the seller from Montreal include a movement picture which clearly says 342 and is clearly wrong for a center seconds bumper.

[​IMG]

TNTwatch likes this.
  4. Flip2Pour Aug 7, 2013

THanks MSN..So much to learn, I didnt catch that .
    So Franken watch ? Do you think it runs with the center sweep?

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 7, 2013

I think the part with 342 stamped on it is a transplant (probably inadvertent) from another movement.

6. Flip2Pour Aug 7, 2013

So , ( with just the semi ok pictures to reference) obviously the collector factor is going to be reduced with a patially wrong movement. But for something to wear on the daily does the 342 on that part raise to many questions, or is it just a minor concern if the watch is running?
    Im still going to consider the piece , I think the dial is not a redial and looks quite nice,and the case seems like its ok for age. Seems like a good 2767 for the right price other than the 342 piece. Now that i Looked it up I see it should be a 351 based on the serial.

Thanks for the help!!

7. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 7, 2013

Everything else looks ok, so if you're not bothered by that little part then go for it! I would get it serviced before you use it as a daily wearer though. You can probably find the right part if it really bothers you - bumper parts go up for sale on ebay all the time. Nice dial. :)