Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this Polerouter Sub?

1. wbfondren May 5, 2015

I know it's very beat up but the crowns don't look to be authentic and I'm a bit skeptical about the whole thing.

If anyone with more experience/knowledge could weigh in I would greatly appreciate it!
    Pol1.JPG Pol2.JPG Pol3.JPG Pol4.JPG Pol5.JPG Pol6.JPG Pol7.JPG Pol8.JPG

Pol9.JPG Pol10.JPG
  2. wbfondren May 5, 2015

Don't shoot me if I'm embarrassingly off on this one! The listing says -

UNIVERSAL GENEVE "POLEROUTER" AUTOMATIC MICRO THIN CUSTOM CASE WRIST WATCH.
    Brand: . UNIVERSAL GENEVE "POLEROUTER"

Case: Stainless steel case and case back (None original with some pitting)
    Dial: Black repaint dial.
    Band: New Resin

Movement: Automatic wind Micro thin Swiss made.

Size: 42mm case to case 44mm Lug to Lug not include crown.Condition: The watch is in good condition movement still clean running ticks strong keep time.

Everything about the listing makes me a little uncomfortable, but it is very cheap at the moment so I thought I'd give it a shot and post it.

3. Drawarms May 5, 2015

Fugazi. Dont Do it.

"Fugayzi, Fugahzi, it's a wahzi, it's a woozie, it's a (whistles) fairy dust. "

Watchsmuggler and wbfondren like this.
  4. lwong May 5, 2015

These counterfeits have been extensively discussed in another thread, it's definitely worth a read if you're hunting for one of these.

5. donkii May 5, 2015

The listing says custom case.. and if you look on the case back you can see that they have used cheap metal.. looks like shit, sorry.

6. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG May 5, 2015

This seller (with various nom de ebay) from ohio has dealt in these fakes for years. Im not sure what led him on the path to honesty. Ebay police, perhaps?

papaebetu likes this.
  7. wbfondren May 5, 2015

I definitely thought it was too good to be true just from looking at the whole listing. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have some seller who didn't know what they were talking about!

Thanks for all your help.