Forums Latest Members
  1. decwright Jan 14, 2014

Hi all!

Been watching this on the bay for a while now and I'm tempted to buy it as at first glance it doesn't seem like it would take a terrible amount of work to make it a nice watch.
    But there are no details about it etc and it doesn't come with any papers which makes me wonder whether its worth buying.
    Something about the watch also looks strange to me but i havent been able to pinpoint what it is yet..so if you could give your me your opinions on it that would be great. Heres the ebay link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141163812585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Thanks again fellas.

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 14, 2014

It is quartz. Its crown is missing. The gold plated has worn off (at least in bracelets). No battery so no prove on moving movements.
    Unless you need a daily beater at very low price, I will pass. If you buy and repair it, i doubt you could sell it at profit.

3. cristos71 Jan 14, 2014

I would suggest that you post a picture and a link that people can click on.
    It's 2014 and you have to ask yourself do you think the members here want to see that watch so much that they will go through the "hassle" of copying, going to Ebay and then pasting? That's sooo 2009 ;)

Good luck!

4. decwright Jan 14, 2014

Thanks Privateday7 , ive mailed the seller and offered them a ridiculously low price and unless they accept that then ill walk away :)
    And cristos71, I did try to post a direct link first of all but it didn't work for some reason so I had to settle for the item number, but I've now posted a working link ;)

5. ulackfocus Jan 14, 2014

It's not even worth the opening bid of £ .99 / $1.62 because it's junk.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2014

You already have a watch that is much nicer than that one. Think about going up in direction , not down.

decwright likes this.
  7. decwright Jan 14, 2014

Comments appreciated people, ill steer clear of this one :)

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jan 14, 2014

Now, if it had a fresh battery....!:)