Forums Latest Members
  1. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 25, 2016

I've been meaning to add a Vulcain Cricket to my collection. There's one for sale on OF that I have been watching but thought I'd take a spin around eBay and found this one. I think it's overpriced at $849 but I like the dial, which I think may be original, and those lugs. It has a cal. 120 and appears to be in decent shape. I know it's small at 33mm. Any thoughts are welcome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vitezi likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 27, 2016

After looking at the watch for a couple of days, I'm wondering about the dial's originality. The paint on the numbers and markers on the outer ring of the dial appear fresher than anything within. Thoughts?

3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 27, 2016

I think it's all original. The minute track is painted and the hour indices look like they may be gold foil or similar and I believe that's the difference.

It is a bit pricey but a good looking watch.

I personally like the way 33mm wears. I find that many "modern" watches are too big - especially if I'm wearing long sleeves.

Vitezi likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 27, 2016

Thanks for the feedback, ahsposo. Couldn't agree more regarding the size of new watches.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 27, 2016

Obviously a case of pricing in hopes of catching a rube. I offered several hundred less and it was accepted, with a return policy, to boot. Yay me, I hope.

6. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 27, 2016

I always wonder how low you can go without outright insulting the seller.

Maybe I should just get over that...

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 27, 2016

When the seller is asking $200-$300 more than the average, I don't feel bad. There are plenty of times I have been told to pound sand, though.