Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this Constellation and Black Dial bumper

1. bgrisso Dec 26, 2016

Hi Everyone,
    came across these two for sale and not familiar enough with particular models to know if worth considering. (The color balance on the Connie shots is all over the map and I think the ones showing yellow gold are accurate, not the rose gold).
    My best guess is the connie is probably not especially desirable because of the dial spotting, and assuming the black one is a redial?
    Seller wants $3500 for both which seems WAY too high, but figured I would check with people here for feedback, if nothing other than to get more educated myself.
    thx and happy holiday!
    Omega 1.jpg Omega 2.jpg Omega 3.jpg Omega 4.jpg Omega B 1.jpg Omega B 2.jpg Omega B 3.jpg .

2. bgrisso Dec 27, 2016

Bump, any feedback on these?

3. omegastar Dec 27, 2016

First one (Constellation) has a French 18k pink gold case, the dial has aged a lot.
    Second one has an American case made by Wadsworth, gold-plated and the dial is a bad repaint.
    So two custom made cases = less desorable.
    Two not nice dials = pass.
    3.500 $ = suicide for you.
    Merry Christmas and happy new year.
    Mounir

4. omegastar Dec 27, 2016

And strangely the constellation dial does not bear fab. Suisse, so maybe a redial or some switching.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 27, 2016

1st watch is French cased. Looks to be rose gold. The spotting helps to determine that it is original. Crown is a poor replacement, and a proper rose gold one will be next to impossible to find.

2nd watch is US cased, likely redialed. Value equal to 14K melt, plus maybe $100 or so for the good cal. 351 movement. Wasn't sure what the case was until I found this link:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-latest-project-a-wadsworth-g6518.9444/

I still think the watches as a set are overpriced.
    gatorcpa

6. bgrisso Dec 27, 2016

Thx guys, figured as much but wanted to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk