Forums Latest Members
  1. westmtn Jan 10, 2017

I'm leaning towards redial on this one but I wanted some other opinions. Unfortunately no inside caseback photo. Is it normal for Omega to pair a gold crown with a stainless case?

Thanks OF,

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

2. François Pépin Jan 10, 2017

The crown is definitly a (wrong) replacement.

If it is a redial, it is a good one! I think it is good. But the glass seems to hide the Swiss made, which seems correct in the pic where it can be seen - but hard to tell.

3. westmtn Jan 10, 2017

Thanks. I'm on the fence with this one. Something about the sub dial looks off to me but I'll wait for some more responses. Should it have a stainless crown?

4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 10, 2017

I am leaning towards redial b/c the "A" looks short and the marker at "6" seems to be slightly off center. Other concerns are the hands. Maybe its the angle but the minute hand appears to be too long. Finally, the crown should be stainless, so it is a replacement.

5. heavenscloud Jan 10, 2017

I'm on the fence as well. Leaning towards original, but the pictures aren't the greatest. The 30 second mark on the sub dial doesn't appear to line up with the 6 o'clock marker.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

I lean towards original. The "Swiss Made" is in the correct location and there is just enough patina.
    gatorcpa

7. minutenrohr Jan 11, 2017

Just one question: All Omega 30mm-watches with small second I own are showing bold 0-3-6-9 markers and thin 1-2-4-5-7-8-10-11.
    The dial above features consistent markers on its subdial. Looks uncommon to me!?!?

rgds - h.u.

8. westmtn Jan 11, 2017

Good point. That was my problem with it. That and the 6 marker doesn't line up.

9. Maganator Jan 11, 2017

The marker at 6 doesn't line up and the Omega doesn't seem to run precisely parallel to the Omega logo. The right foot of the Omega logo (as we look at it) looks slightly higher than the left - to me anyway.

10. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jan 11, 2017

20170110_190431.jpg I vote redial.

Here is my jumbo dial without Swiss Made.

westmtn likes this.
  11. François Pépin Jan 11, 2017

As I said, I am not sure it is genuine though I tend to think it is. But I would like to say here that the facts you underline are not necessary a sign of a redial. First, we have to be sure that it is not due to the picture - and with the pics above I do not think we can be!

But even if there are real misalignements, it is not always a sign of a redial on old Omega dials. If printed markers are not consistent between them, yes, it is most often a sign of a redial. But if printed markers are not exactly consistent with applied markers or with an applied logo, it could be because the applied stuff has slightly moved.

Of course, this could happen because the applied material has been removed and refitted during a redial. But not necessarily. For instance, the glue holding the applied material (on the back of the dial) could no longer do its job, because of a dial cleaning or for another reason. Or the applied material could have slightly move because of a stock or because it has been touches when the dial was fitte again during a service.

Thus on dials this age, I would not take these slight inconsistencies - assuming they are real and not glass of pic effects - as a clear sign of a redial.

Edited Jan 11, 2017
    Maganator likes this.
  12. westmtn Jan 11, 2017

Here's some additional photos that may be of help. No case back photo but I'm fairly certain it's a Ref. 2890.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]