Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this 5513 please

1. obstando May 28, 2018

Hi

Firstly thank you to all the incredibly knowledgeable members here for all of their selfless input that goes into making this such a fantastic resource.
    I am seeking some thoughts on my 5513 which I have owned for 3 years - I haven't worn this for a couple of years for some reason but it has been having constant wrist time for the past month so I thought I should really look into it a bit further. The S/No is 1.822M which I believe is 68 although some of the guides say 66. I believe the dial is original and the lume has a pale creamy patina and not the richer colour of some. I believe the insert to be a replacement but I cannot find a good enough resource to help me identify what insert I have.
    I would be most grateful for any thoughts and pointers that may help satisfy me as to what is and isn't original and if more images are needed I will post them (although I don't have the facility to open the case at present).

Thank you in advance for your help

image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg

2. omegastar May 29, 2018

3. obstando May 29, 2018

Thanks for the info - I'm good with the dial but the insert was difficult to place. I have something to go on now! I think the Triplock crown is a replacement but that doesn't concern me overly.

4. omegastar May 29, 2018

Crown were systematically replaced during service at Rolex centers, so it would be logical since the insert was changed. The original crown was probably a Twin lock 700 crown, but you would need to change the tube to fit one.

tefl likes this.
  5. Philou May 29, 2018

jimmyd13 and morningtundra like this.
  6. obstando May 29, 2018

Great information all - thank you so much for your input! I appreciate that the watch is not all period correct but am happy with what it is and in all honesty I doubt I would spend the money on correcting the later elements. I will continue to enjoy it :)

7. jimmyd13 May 30, 2018

blubarb and Philou like this.