Forums Latest Members
  1. Bruffell06 Feb 8, 2015

Hi,

I've been looking for a De Ville and have came across this one which appears to be at a fair price compared to others i've looked at. Was wondering whether anyone could help me to ensure all is correct. I cant match up the ref with the vintage database but i've heard this necessarily isn't uncommon.

3116164_xxl.jpg 3116164b_xxl.jpg 3116164e_xxl.jpg 3116164h_xxl.jpg

Thanks

2. Woodward Feb 8, 2015

I believe it is a ref. 166.020, even though it´s hard to make out from the photo of the inner caseback. Add a zero and try searching for "166.0020" on the Omega Vintage database, and you will come up with this:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database?ref=15159

The case looks nice, the cal. 565 is correct for the ref. and s/n around 24 million corresponds to 1966. Even the crown looks original.

However two of the hands are not correct. This model should have "Stick" hands and not "Dauphine" style, and the minute hand is too short..
    I´m not sure about the dial either; it looks nice but "T Swiss Made T" means there should be Tritium lumen on hands as well as indexes.
    I see no lumen at all, which makes me think it is probably a redone dial.

Compare with mine below. It´s my daily beater - a 166.020 from 1966, with a cal. 562. The crown is a new Omega replacement crown.

[​IMG]

Best regards
    Woodward

Bruffell06 and TNTwatch like this.
  3. Bruffell06 Feb 8, 2015

Thanks for the reply. Comparing it with yours I can notice the differences now. I'm still learning the things to look out for on a potential redial so that's really helpful.