Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this "1946" Dennison-cased 30T2? Redial?

1. heavenscloud Feb 5, 2017

Hi all,

I saw this watch on eBay this morning and am leaning towards redial (Omega logo and font looks off to me). What do you think?

The 9.3 mil serial number dates the movement to 1939-44 (Chuck Maddox guide). Is this a problem for a Dennison-cased watch? Maybe an older movement cased in 1946? Hands appear to be steel--typically see gold hands matched to a gold case... Seller states watch has recently been serviced but the movement and case back is obviously filthy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282350734401?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I appreciate your time and expertise.

Regards,

Brandon

2. François Pépin Feb 5, 2017

Hello,

The dial looks good to me.

But I would not buy a "serviced" watch with such big fibers in the movement... The train wheel jewels look dry and dirty - but hard to tell. And I do not like the condition of the ratchet wheel screw - maybe it has been damaged a long time ago, but it could have been replaced or polished during the last service.

So I think you should be prepared to get the watch properly serviced.

Edited Feb 5, 2017
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 5, 2017

Idk sub seconds and minute track don't line up.

4. heavenscloud Feb 7, 2017

I've decided to pass on this. I've only found one other watch with a similar case and steel hands--a sample size of two isn't very reassuring.

I appreciate your replies.