Forums Latest Members
  1. chirpy415 Apr 28, 2014

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 29, 2014

The first one is a private sale so interesting, though as usual, needs a service. It is an interesting vintage looking watch, if you like that sort of thing, which I do. It will service nicely and even respond well to a case restore, (a light one!) if that's what you want. generally I expect these to sell in an open market auction around $2000, as it has a bracelet. These -70's watches offer great value, as well as a vintage look. I think they are appreciating.

the hill street watch is a fair dealer watch but about $1000 over priced. As with all dealer watches, it is prepped for sale, which personally I don't like, I prefer to buy cheaper and service under my control. A keen observer will notice the dirt in the pusher stems. This is an indication of how deep the "preparation" work didn't go. An omega level service replaces the pushers, while these may not have even been taken off. Having been slightly rude about his watch, I must add that Hill St watch is a very reputable and honest dealer who I work with happily.