Forums Latest Members
  1. pascs Dec 17, 2012

I see a lot of the Polaris series of watches on ebay but seldom see anyone wearing one. This one is not an unattractive watch but there seems to be little interest in them, just wondering why?

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 17, 2012

They're a cool 80s watch, but they have two issues, firstly they're not that cheap. A good example is around the $1k mark, but the more significant one is that they're quartz. There are just so many brilliant mechanical Omegas in the same price range that we're spoiled for choice, and they tend to win out over the more uniquely designed but battery powered polaris.

Very nice watch though and respect for choosing to be a bit different!

Tako Yaki likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 17, 2012

Another issue is, that while yours is very attractive and in excellent condition, many of them have been worn very extensively and the front finish does not fare well to bumps and nicks.

4. ulackfocus Dec 17, 2012

Watch nuts want horology, not technology. If I wanted to collect computer chips I'd be on a computer forum.

5. pascs Dec 17, 2012

BTW thats not my watch but one that is for sale on ebay, just wondered what people thought about them.

Having modified several watches, I do find it very difficult to get excited about a quartz movement but I do like the look of that Polaris and I do tend to like watches which look a bit different