Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on the Lange 1 lumen 38.5mm black dial?

1. guaranteed.rohu Oct 2, 2018

Have always loved the look of this watch, not so much the Lume use but more so the design.

Any owners here?

FYI this watch is currently for sale on an Australian watch Facebook group for 30k AUD !

Screenshot_20181002-230754.png Screenshot_20181002-225107.png

Reborn likes this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 2, 2018

Personally I like it. That said, in my stage of life I simply don’t need another dressy watch. I’d love to own a Lange but I fear it would not get worn. (Even if I sold off most of my gold watches to acquire it)

3. Reborn Oct 2, 2018

It's an unconventional lange which will be a great talking piece...

4. NT931 Oct 2, 2018

I believe this is the ref 101.029, which is the Pt Lange 1 Luminous (not the Lumen, as you've stated in the title).

The Lumen is the one with the translucent dial where you can see the numbers (ref 117.035), and which is a fair bit more expensive (and bigger as well, as it's a Grande L1). You can compare them, vs the entire L1 collection, here.

Not a fan of the Luminous, as the subdials have too many circles, and I feel it lacks the elegance of the regular L1's, which are more subdued and more classic. AUD30k will certainly get you a nice 'regular' L1 pre-owned, and if you pay a bit more, you can get the L1 Darth in Pt with the black dial (101.035). I admit though that I'm biased as as owner of a 'regular' L1, as I prefer the classic look, vs the sportier look of the 101.029.

5. guaranteed.rohu Oct 2, 2018

Great point! I also just heard that in a video recently as well and was confused 'lumen' - referring to the semi-transparent dials. Thanks for the update, they seem very limited and very expensive.

Agreed... overall having tried on a few different lange 1s now, the models like the one you own are definitely more classic. The luminous model in this thread to me seems like more of a 'interesting watch as part of a large collection' rather than a key only-haute-horology piece. I'm definitely not financially in the position to have multiple langes/pateks/fp journes yet, so leaning towards the plain lange 1s, hopefully in the next few years!

6. stahlmotte Oct 3, 2018

I owned a Lange 1 in yellow gold for many years. I prefer the classic look over the lume version.

Decrin and guaranteed.rohu like this.