Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on quality of this watch and it's components

1. perks713 Jul 11, 2017

I looked the 'fakes' and 'worst redial' sticky threads last night. Since I'm still very new to this I was wondering what the verdict was on the watch below. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Taking a stab at a few things I noticed after reading through other threads:
    - I noticed that the edges near the band are rounded a bit, I've seen this mentioned as an indicator that it's been over polished but I wasn't sure if that was specific to different years/models
    - The seconds hand looks like it might be a little shorter then some others I looked at
    - The lumes (not sure if I'm using that right) look to be tarnished on the hour/minutes hands and might not light up
    - the 'date' window almost looks too white? maybe one of the other numbers was displayed and the 20 happens to be cleaner then others?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

2. ConElPueblo Jul 11, 2017

It is normal that the luminous material gets tarnished and it would be very odd it lit up. How do you like the lume plots on the dial?

3. perks713 Jul 11, 2017

Some of them look a bit dark. It's hard to tell from the photo but hte 12 and 6 look like they might be different sizes, and the 3 and 9 as well, though that could just be that it's hard to compare with the date window.

4. ConElPueblo Jul 11, 2017

5. perks713 Jul 11, 2017

Haha, yeah I read over your thread last night while looking over watches and it's where I based most of my thoughts on the first post. As someone who's just starting to spend some money on watches I'm looking to start out small. The number of watches and components and options vintage pieces can have is daunting.

6. ConElPueblo Jul 11, 2017

I meant to refer to the part about luminous compound - IMO the dial has received new compound, as that green tone is incorrect. The hands look like the real deal, however :)

Willem023 likes this.
  7. perks713 Jul 11, 2017

Gotcha, just re-read that portion and I can see what you mean. Thanks for the input.