Forums Latest Members
  1. Stgo2019 May 22, 2016

I'm considering either or both of these watches.
    Memomatic:
    Appears to be in great shape, correct, and all original. 31milion serial. Seller is asking $1100

Cosmic 2000:
    A little rough. Has a pretty cool spider web cracked dial (cool in Rolex world, not sure about Omega), a little dirty and some minor scratches. I didn't get to look at the movement, and there are a few metal shavings on the dial. It's cheap, $400, but might need a lot of work.

Is the Memomatic worth the price? Could the Cosmic be a diamond in the rough?

Now on to the good stuff. pics!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. robocaspar May 22, 2016

Not sure on the value of each piece, but for 400$ I'd definitely grab the cosmic.

3. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 22, 2016

Hmm, I think tritium lumed Memomatics should have the T Swiss Made T, and so this one may well have aftermarket lume and replaced hands. Case has lost most of its finish, but, generally, a pristine example with original bracelet and unmarked finish would sell for around 1800 - 2000.

Cheers

Desmond

4. Stgo2019 May 23, 2016

Good spot I the Memomatic, I didn't notice the discrepancy.
    Impressive inclined to pick up the Seamaster. I'll try to get pics of the movement and case back.

5. Geordie May 23, 2016

Not to my taste but looks a nice example