Forums Latest Members

Thoughts On Large Rose Tudor?

1. kendrick Feb 26, 2013

I've always loved the big Rose Tudor vintage watches and thought it a shame they moved away from them, (logo). This is one of the better examples that I've seen, but that's not saying much. Any thoughts on its condition, is the case polished, does it appear to be all original, etc.?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961S-VERY-...156796838?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3f22345da6Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Best,
    Kendrick

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 26, 2013

Looks all original, but price is a bit too high for me. Case is heavily polished and dial looks like it had some moisture damage. The autos are more expensive than the manuals, but I was able to pick this one up locally from a dealer for $375.

[​IMG]

kendrick likes this.
  3. kendrick Feb 26, 2013

Thanks kyle and that's a beautiful example of the large rose emblem. I was fairly certain that it was polished with it's rounded edges, but I thought the moisture damage was just patina::confused2::. Slowly learning what to look for... thanks for the assist.

4. rodger_nc Aug 5, 2013

I have this watch with a date at the 3 hour. My dad passed it on to me. I have not seen one with the date on any forum or ebay but I see the one pictured here with asking prices around $600. My dad's was serviced in 1996, which is why I know the serial number. I never knew the serial number was under the strap handles. At 483xxx it dates to 1965.

5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 5, 2013

The model number should be between two of the lugs as well. Here are some other examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rodger_nc Aug 6, 2013

That top picture is almost correct. Mine is a manual winding.... what is "lugs"

7. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 6, 2013

The 4 pieces of the case that stick out. :)

rodger_nc likes this.