Forums Latest Members
  1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Dec 30, 2013

I'm looking for a bracelet about this vintage for my 105-012.66. Hard for me to tell how good or bad this one is:
    <http://bit.ly/1eQqVZc>
    The links look different closest to the clasp. Condition looks iffy? I have asked for photos of the other side of the links and the clasp open (both sides). Don't you love it when there's eight photos but only three are different?

Any help or opinion is welcome. Thanks in advance!

2. pascs Dec 30, 2013

The links are correct. There are 2 different types on the 1039 bracelets, the fixed ones and the 'stretch' ones.

The ones closest to the clasp are the stretch ones and can be removed to adjust the bracelet length. However it looks like one of the stretch links either isnt fitted correctly or the internal springs have broken as there is a large gap.

The end links are not correct though and one end will need some work as the link at the end is bent, I would want to check that both ends have links which are 19.8mm wide as there may be one link missing from that damaged end.

I find the 1039 bracelet to be very light and feels flimsy, not sure that I am very comfortable using it on my '67 Speedmaster

dragoman likes this.
  3. dragoman Dec 30, 2013

The links closest to the clasp are (should be) expandable, that's why they look different.

I would also like to see the other side of the end-links. Sometimes these bracelets come from Geneves that took straight endlinks, and so the original endlinks for Speedies or Seamaster are at a hefty premium.

Which means that a lot of aftermarket endlinks have poped up.

And yes, I love repeated photograph with no detail to be seen...

I see pascs basically nailed it...

4. cristos71 Dec 30, 2013

On top of that the bracelet is also missing some non-stretch links. The left side has 8 and the right only 6!

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Dec 30, 2013

Thanks to all for the advice. Your responses have me thinking...

1) wait for a better example,
    2) use a sturdier (possibly more contemporary) bracelet for wearing.

I found my aftermarket Kreisler President-link-style bracelet that I wore on my 145.012-67 (20 years ago!) I haven't tried fitting it yet, and will probably wait till after I have the Speedy serviced.

I also found the record of my purchase of the 145.012-67 all those years ago: I sent $350 to Stu Rispler after seeing the black-and-white photocopy of his watch list. Ah, the days of yore!

6. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 30, 2013

Hi
    the ebay 1039 , is ok with aftermarket ends pieces . Really hard to judge the bracelets condition or the stretch links .

On a personal note I think the 1039 are great to wear , period correct and loo. They are still around and complete , some are 50 years old. Omega had bracelets fail over the years like on the speedy 125 , the heavy bar bracelet just fell apart and the original interconnects were plated brass and failEd but the steel chucks were fine.

good hunting

bill sohne