Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on a Rado Manhattan?

1. JasonPDX Apr 7, 2015

Hey guys,

I am tempted to buy a Rado Manhattan, I found one for a pretty good price. The man has owned it for 24 + years. Curious to your thoughts or information on this company in general. It looks pretty unique and from what I have read, the vintage Rado's do have a following. It is automatic, 17 jewel, and pretty clean.

I know its not an omega, but I like the rectangle shape and think it would be a neat watch to own and keep.

Hope you are all having a great day!

2. Hijak Apr 7, 2015

Pictures!:whistling:

JasonPDX likes this.
  3. JasonPDX Apr 7, 2015

This is not the watch, but it is the same one. I don't have pictures yet because I have not purchased it yet, I just wanted to know your ideas on the brand, movements, and opinions in general. I think its pretty cool though for sure! DSCN6991.JPG

lillatroll likes this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 8, 2015

They've got a quirky-cool vibe that doesn't leave much middle ground... you either love them or hate them. I haven't made up my mind yet. This reference has generally not aged well... many of the dials are deteriorated or refinished, and the cases often polished beyond recognition. The example you show has a very nice dial, but the case is rather well-loved, and generally speaking, a stainless steel case is more desirable.

I'd say it should go for a a couple hundred at the most. You can check eBay for recent sales.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network