Forums Latest Members
  1. jsaen Jun 24, 2015

Hi all,

I'm still very new to understanding vintage Zenith and I really don't understand what fair prices are. There is a A782 on ebay that I'm curious for opinions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-rare-1971-Zenith-El-Primero-ref-A782-Only-1500-ever-made-/231600345809?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network.

It's got a 'buy it now' of GBP 2,995.00, or about $4800 USD. Is that a fair price for good A782? Is it a good A782?

It looks fairly nice to my untrained eyes. I see that the edges are alittle rounded off, but not as much as other vintage EPs I've seen.

$_57.JPG

thanks

2. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jun 25, 2015

In my opinion thats is about $1000 too much, especially without the original bracelet and service crown

image.jpg image.jpg
    jsaen likes this.
  3. jsaen Jun 25, 2015

thank you, very helpful

Matty01 likes this.
  4. Fer Seamaster Jul 3, 2015

I think the polished surfaces are too shinny, so this watch has been probably repolished as the case sides condition is not consistent with neither the age of the watch nor the hairlines in the bezel and the top of the lower right "lug".

nicolas07 likes this.
  5. cheetahat Jul 31, 2015

Perhaps a little overpolished, as many have said, though the left chamfer looks ok in the pic, hard to say. Somewhat faded dial but still fine.

Open auction on the Site would bring $2200-2700 imo. Worth noting that a skilled hand can restore the finish, chamfers, and possibly the bezel pretty well. I would ignore what they're asking on chrono24, but that said it remains an underpriced watch, speaking subjectively. I have the red one and wear it a lot. Little heavy but a stunner.

Personal advice: look for a red one. Babes love the red one. Also fewer made (1000 pcs)

Also, you definitely want this bracelet on any one you find. Integral part of the case design. The watch looks silly with anything else. Someone very very close to me has an extra if needed. I think.

Edited Jul 31, 2015
    jsaen likes this.
  6. mahamithra Aug 1, 2015

iN CORRECT CONDITION THESE AS WELL AS THE RED ARE RARE WATCHES, MUCH UNDERVALUED, BUT HAVE CLIMBED A BIT IN THE LAST YEAR

Matty01 likes this.
  7. jsaen Aug 2, 2015

Well, I already bought it :) Almost right in the middle of the asking price and @cheetahat's suggestion. I now have three El Primero's, and it was the cheapest. Well, it was also in the worst shape and the others had their bracelets. Even still, fairly cheap for El Primero.

I really like it, even faded the dial is fantastic and even without the bracelet it gets noticed by people who don't notice watches. I have a Zenith pilot/diver that has the gigantic lobster bracelet, so I know what they look like. I actually like this one with the rally leather strap it came with. It's still so distintive of a watch.

Thanks for the information, even though I already bought it. I want to keep learning as much as I can.

thanks everybody.

Matty01 likes this.
  8. cheetahat Aug 2, 2015

Enjoy!