Forums Latest Members
  1. GlenGT Apr 5, 2014

I think I should have posted my earlier question in here.
    i have seen this watch on ebay and was wondering what your thoughts where? It looks like the real deal to me but a little over priced maybe? I like the fact that it is a 1974 which is my birth year.

Let me me know what you guys think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121295648995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2014

Its not one of the better Omegas from that time period, I certainly wouldn't pay that for it. The best Omegas from '74 are probably Speedmaster Pros

3. Skv Apr 5, 2014

Way overpriced. I would skip it.

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 5, 2014

I agree it's overpriced, and at 33mm a tad small (personal taste, I know). In terms of quality, sad to say that then movements made for Omega by Lemania were much better quality (cal. 861 manual wind chrono and cal. 1040/1041 auto wind chrono).

I will say this watch is very handsome, appears genuine, and appears to be in fantastic shape. As far as price? Hard to say as there's not much interest in these to record and recall sales.

5. GlenGT Apr 6, 2014

Thanks guys. My feeling was it is a little overpriced but I have got the seller down to a more reasonable price. I had the picture of the movement sent to me with the number visible. Is it normal for the 38 number to be separate from the rest of the reference number as shown in this picture? I just want to be sure this watch is not a fake. image.jpg

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2014

Its not fake, just not that desirable, that movement is considered lower grade than many of the earlier Omega movements.

7. GlenGT Apr 6, 2014

Ok thanks. I have seen another watch from 1974 that I am interested in. I will start a new thread to get opinions on that.

thanks for the thoughts.

8. GlenGT Apr 6, 2014

Hi guys. I have asked the seller to drop the price of this watch. What do you think I should pay? I really like the look of this one and struggling to find another from 1974 in as good a condition.

Let me me know what you think I should pay.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2014

I would not pay more than USD 1000 to 1200 for that watch.

10. GlenGT Apr 6, 2014

Ok thanks. I will see if I can get the price down a bit more.

Anyone else got got an opinion on the price I should pay or does 1000 to 1200 usd sound fair? Bearing in mind the seller is a dealer so will be looking to make his profit on the watch as well.

11. Skv Apr 6, 2014

As far as I can see it does not feature the original strap/clasp, nor does it have box/papers with it. This is not uncommon for these watches given their age, but gives me trouble justifying his asking prices. Especially since the Geneve is not among the most wanted series of Omega watches. The cal.1030 is not that special. I personally would advise you to pick up an earlier 561 or 564 automatic in-house caliber.

If you are really positive that you want to buy this watch, you should buy it. I personally would pay no more than $900 for this piece.

12. dantaspaulo Apr 8, 2014

Except for the early ones such as @Dablitzer's:

[​IMG]

::love::

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 8, 2014

The first generatiom Geneve are beautiful..........