Forums Latest Members
  1. ja_rushton Feb 14, 2015

Hey guys, just wondering what you thought of my Speedmaster. Had it for around 18 months now (I'll apologise not for the bad photography)...
    IMG_7475.JPG IMG_7478.JPG IMG_7477.JPG IMG_7479.JPG

The lens on my camera won't allow to to take close-up shots unfortunately. It has the original dot-over-90 bezel however the sweep hand is a service replacement as is the crown. I also don't have the tool to remove the case back but I had it looked at around 3 months after the initial purchase and was told the movement is in good working order and seems to be entirely original.
    I'm considering selling and was wondering what you thought would be a fair price?

Thanks for taking the time to look :)

IMG_7481.JPG
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 14, 2015

Don't forget allowing your thread to to look like a "for sale" post might run foul of the (very few) rules around here. However I can see it is without intent.
    Have a look at completed ebay sales and then the price chart at speedmaster101.com

One thing for sure, I think you need to find a friend to take better pictures if you want a good price!

Good luck with it

Edited Feb 14, 2015
  3. ja_rushton Feb 14, 2015

Apologies for that, you're correct, completely unintentional! Would you put the condition as running or good for the price chart?

4. TNTwatch Feb 14, 2015

Unknown service history and battered bezel can't be a good on the chart. The engraving on the back may be a small subtraction, but the bracelet more than makes up for that.

Edited Feb 15, 2015
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 14, 2015

From the page:

Running – probably needing a service, essential parts correct. This might be the most common category, and be prepared to reduce from this figure for each incorrect part, flaw or poor condition part.

So Start at $3600
    Less:
    Incorrect bezel
    Engraving
    Wobbly lume.

On ebay, you will have some expenses with commissions and payment expenses.