Forums Latest Members
  1. Cannop Apr 8, 2011

Hi everyone, I recognise a few names on here from various other fora I'm a member of :).
    Having an Omega in my collection I thought it a good idea to join a dedicated forum for the marque.
    I have a Speedmaster ref: 3523.30 which people seem to either love or hate. It was a conscious decision for me to go for the 3523.30 over the more popular moonwatch, the thing that swung it for me was the amazement at how they managed to cram all the complications into this model - day, date, month, chrono and a 24hr hand to boot! I had to have one. I hunted around for a while and found myself one at a reasonable price. As with every watch I buy if the history is unknown I will get it serviced as soon as possible as I tend to hang on to my watches. In fact to date I have never sold a watch - I've bought quite a few though ;)!
    I know this threads useless without pictures but I have only had the watch in my possesion for about two weeks since I bought it in November. The watch is away at STS having the full treatment, after a disasterous 86 days with a previous watchmaker who returned it to me in broken. Once it's back with me (about another four weeks I believe) I'll post some pictures.

TedG954 likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2011

I know what you mean with all the complications, those triple dates are amazing value considering what Patek or Vacheron charge for a similarly complicated piece ;)

Probably is a difficult watch to work on though, what's the base movement on those, 7751?

I think the polarizing aspect is more just due to the fact that Speedmaster enthusiasts are about as serious as Rolex Submariner enthusiasts and they all identify with the Moonwatch, so the triple-date is facing the same kind of "usurping the classic" type problem that the new Rolex Submariner Ceramic is from the old sub fans.

3. Cannop Apr 8, 2011

Hello dsio, you're right - the movement is the calibre 1151 based on the Valjoux 7751.

4. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Apr 8, 2011

Great to see you over here :thumbsup: It's a great value watch, looks pretty good as well! I like the fact Omega has so many Speedmaster variants, there's definitely something for everyone

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 8, 2011

Nothing wrong with the 3523.30. I wouldn't judge. Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

6. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 10, 2011

Welcome! I actually like your 3523.30 (had to google this reference number), should be an excellent every-day watch. What does STS mean?

7. Cannop Apr 10, 2011

Thank you! STS = Swiss Time Services, the UK's approved Omega service centre for vintage Omega watches.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 7, 2012

Don't spose you got a chance to grab some pics, get the feeling these might not be around too much longer given the move to in house chronos, with Basel coming up and the GMT version of the cal 8500 just released, Im wondering if a moonphase or GMT complication for the cal 9300 might be on the cards given the room available at the 6:00 position.

9. Steve Feb 7, 2012

Welcome to the forum.
    I had the Omega Triple Date 3523.30. Great looking watch, but a bit fiddly setting the day/date every time you wanted to wear it though. Unfortunately had to chop it in to fund my PO.