Forums Latest Members

Thought I made ​​a good buy ...

1. Andsan Aug 28, 2014

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 28, 2014

Well, it happens. Sorry it did not meet your expectations, but glad to hear you are able to return it, despite the seller's stated policy.:)

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 28, 2014

That's striking. I would not have expected that case based on the seller's photos, and I am always a skeptic about case condition. In skilled hands, pictures can lie. Notice how much attention the photographer took to present the top (presumably the better) edge instead of the bottom. One could easily dismiss any irregularity along the bottom as camera distortion.

From the listing:
    $_57130.JPG $_57 (10).JPG $_57 (13).JPG $_57 (14).JPG $_57 (15).JPG

4. Andsan Aug 29, 2014

Yes, I believe, know from my experience that it is easy to take pictures with the camera position so that the object shows its "best side." I would not be surprised if the images have been processed in PS. But that denied the vendor.

It was a shame that it was so, the dial was very nice and very good.
    But I could not keep the Watch because it was not really real / genuine.

Anyway, I have to move on and the money is in Paypal to soon be put into my account.

Now just to find a new object.

/Anders

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 29, 2014

That's never a problem!

Andsan and Darlinboy like this.
  6. Interstatetime Aug 29, 2014

Watch pictures are difficult. They can make a good watch look bad or a bad watch look good. It is difficult to get a watch to look like...what you see when you look at a watch.

JohnCote

7. bish789 Aug 30, 2014

Don't forget the power of Photoshop!!!!

Andsan likes this.
  8. Interstatetime Aug 30, 2014

As a professional photographer, a member of the Adobe PhotoShop Users' Group, and a seller of watches I will say this...Using PhotoShop can mean basically one of two things. The first thing/use is that cameras and lenses do not see like an eye and a brain do so you can use PhotoShop to sharpen or change tonal curves and make an object look like...well...what it looks like. The second thing/use is to make things look better...take out flaws or add things that are not there....to enhance.

For me the first use is perfectly legit. I want colors to be correct and images to be sharp. The second use is tempting because it is so easy but if you think about it first, it is fraught with consequences. Selling on eBay is enough of a pain in the arse without having to deal with your own dishonesty. There are plenty enough dishonest buyers out there.

Just my thoughts

JohnCote