Forums Latest Members
  1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 5, 2015

http://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bring-a-loupe-october-2-2015

(Link to the Panda Tri-Compax)
    http://www.cosimo-online.com/en/watch/271/universal-geneve-tri-compax

Pretty crazy if true...commenter in the Hodinkee link says the list price is 23K euro and there were over 100 inquiries in a single day after seeing it in Bring A Loupe. It's a nice example, but that's nearing the 30K price paid for the mint condition exotic dial a few months ago. Will be keeping an eye focused on this one for sure.

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 5, 2015

100 inquiries, but I bet most of them were tire-kickers. For all we know, only one guy was willing to pay the enormously bloated price.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 5, 2015

True, but one guy is all it takes for a sale.

image.jpeg

bazamu and Eric_navi like this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 5, 2015

Also true, but it hardly establishes a new price point. We've got a thread somewhere full of Ebay sellers hoping to find "that guy" to flog their overpriced goods to.

Interstatetime likes this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 5, 2015

Agree with you there. :thumbsup: The "bumped" price can become an outlier. And "that guy" will often find that the the "greater fool" theorum works well...until it doesn't.

6. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 5, 2015

Haha, yeah, I never said that's what it would sell for. But there has to be one fool with too much money that will reach out based on the Bring A Loupe.

7. Rman Oct 5, 2015

What do the dealers call it when they sell a sucker an overpriced "Dink Bumper?"

A "Hoodwinkee?"