Forums Latest Members
  1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 23, 2015

I've gathered in a Speedmaster so don't need a second similar model but saw this one on Ebay and wondered why the price was still so low. A study of the dial and bezel raised an eyebrow.

Is it the camera used causing some distortion or was this redone as a kindergarten group art project?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171640936319?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 23, 2015

It's a fairly poor example though correct

Seller is a regular.

3. Poday Jan 24, 2015

Alex (the seller) seems to use a crappy camera, as all of his auctions have that appearance. Take a look at his other items for sale and you'll notice the same distortion.

4. datniche27 Jan 25, 2015

I am looking from my phone but everything looks good to me. That went for cheap for a pre-moon (I think, still learning all vaiations)

5. Drawarms Jan 26, 2015

just bad pics....this is a roulette buy but worth the chance

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 27, 2015

[QUOTE="datniche27, post: 226921, member: 8557......That went for cheap for a pre-moon (I think, still learning all vaiations)[/QUOTE]

Well it went for less money than other examples of the same reference.

The plots are missing lume on at least two places. Only solution to re lume or redial

The case is poorly polished and subsequently worn further with plenty of damage. A good case polisher will make it look better, but still polished.

Bezel is not valuable.

I am sure it needs a service, $600.

I suppose it is an entry level Speedmaster that can be happily worn everyday. However I see this quality selling regularly under $2000 so I would say the winner in this case is the seller.

The two fundamental elements of this watch, the dial and case, are very poor, and always will be.