Forums Latest Members

This should be on every watch

1. CaptainWinsor May 5, 2019

Uniqez, Caliber561, Observer and 12 others like this.
  2. AdInfinitum May 5, 2019

Hey! Someone's been spying on my pillow talk...

3. Professor May 5, 2019

In a world where 75% of the male population still has broken crayons up their nose and make repeat visits to the ER due to sticking metal forks in their toaster.

allwoundup and 77deluxe like this.
  4. 77deluxe May 5, 2019

Are you supposed to use spoons?

allwoundup likes this.
  5. AdInfinitum May 5, 2019

Made me think of this excerpt from Horological Journal (Jan. 2004 p.11) on the history of IWC's Mark XI air chronometer:

"In the case of the RAAF [Royal Australian Air Force], some coordination difficulties occurred when the first watches were shipped to the squadrons because the relevant instrument manual that gave instructions for use and handling was not yet amended. The RAAF depot that was responsible decided to give informal advance information to the squadrons to prevent damage caused by over-eager curiosity, thus giving an interesting insight regarding the language in the RAAF.

By way of advance information I am sending you a copy of letter No. 29868 [an abridged version of the drafted amendment to the Instrument Manual] which was sent to Areas yesterday on the issue and care of new Mk. XI Wrist Watches G6B/346.

These watches are already on the way to you people and would no doubt arrive before the instructions from the Area, so it was considered best if you received the guff in time to prevent pilots grabbing the new watches or the instrument or other characters from taking the backs off to see how many jewels are incorporated in the movement.

Armed with the attached official letter you will be able to direct the watches into the correct channels and ensure that they are properly cared for until the official area screed arrives."

6. flw history nerd May 5, 2019

I would NEVER shove broken crayons up my nose! What a waste - they taste too good ...

7. wsfarrell May 5, 2019

No, PLASTIC forks...:)