Forums Latest Members
  1. JensB Oct 30, 2013

Hi everybody. I've been looking for a Speedmaster Mark IV for at while and am close to buying the one on the pictures.
    It's a private sale and the owner seems like a straight up guy, but the watch doesn't come with the original certificate, and it would be great to be sure it's not a fake.
    Therefor I would like to ask you, whether the watch seems allright to you?
    I look forward to hearing from you. All the best, Jens

Speedmaster Mark IV, 1.jpg Speedmaster Mark IV, 2.jpg Speedmaster Mark IV, 3.jpg
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 30, 2013

It doesn't look like a fake. Overall it is in fairly good condition - not pristine, but nicely preserved.

Hope this helps.

3. JensB Oct 30, 2013

Thank you. Yes, it's very helpfull:)
    The owner says, he has owned the watch for 15 years.
    The bracelet should be original (with a small extension added as he has a broad wrist), the glass was changed for a little more than a year ago and he had it serviced 4 years ago.
    The price is 940 euro / 1300 USD, which I think is rather good.

If nobody in here disargues with SpikiSpikester (?) , I think I'm going for it!
    All the best, Jens

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 30, 2013

That's a very fair price for the condition of the watch, assuming you are in Europe.

5. JensB Oct 30, 2013

Yes, I'm from Europe.
    Great news. Thank you very much for your help!

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 30, 2013

Hi Jens, IMO it is genuine and the overall condition is decent. The edges of the case is still sharp and the dial is OK. My only concern the chronograph second hand is not set at 12 but at 1. You should ask whether it is only for photo purpose or it can not reset to 12. Also ask its service history and how it runs.

7. JensB Oct 30, 2013

Good point. I'll ask about that. Thank you.
    Anything else I should know or be aware of?

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 30, 2013

Of course movement and inside case back pictures. Looking at outer condition, it should be in good condition. But who knows?

9. JensB Oct 30, 2013

OK - thanks